Esteemed Contributor

Re: Big Bonanza Silver Sale back tomorrow, kinda sorta

[ Edited ]

I'm with you @wagirl I have a good variety of silver jewelry that I already own and enjoy.  When the pandemic hit and we were all "stuck" inside, I started a little trend for myself. I wore a different pair of earrings, necklace and bracelet each day. Heck I couldn't go anywhere and figured what the heck, I'd entertain myself.

It was nice to find things that I hadn't worn in a while. It was a good way for me to brighten up that dreary time.

Regular Contributor

@Jersey Born @Sammycat1 

Yes!  Suarti thank you.  Her pieces were so stunning.  I don't buy jewelry anymore but if she were presenting I might cave!

Respected Contributor

Well, did anyone purchase anything on Big Bonanza Silver Day?  (I did, and all were Jai items.)

I missed out on that hammered silver band cushion stone gemstone ring, J421774, the first time around, so I could not resist it this time when it was restocked in all colors. I also ordered that new rectangular ring, J435099, with the crane pattern. Somehow, my taste in jewelry has evolved more toward modern and sculptural looks. (But I still love wearing my Ripka pieces!)  

Super Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Well, did anyone purchase anything on Big Bonanza Silver Day?  (I did, and all were Jai items.)

I missed out on that hammered silver band cushion stone gemstone ring, J421774, the first time around, so I could not resist it this time when it was restocked in all colors. I also ordered that new rectangular ring, J435099, with the crane pattern. Somehow, my taste in jewelry has evolved more toward modern and sculptural looks. (But I still love wearing my Ripka pieces!)  

This ring is very nice done. Still Scott's design.

Super Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Sammycat1  Yes.  I looked just now.  I got that last year!  It's a cute bracelet.  My sister has the butterfly one. I got that one for her.  If they go by last year, they should get in small amount of new Ultrafine in summer and a little bigger amount in November (for Christmas)  That's about it.

@songbird 

How have your bracelets held up?

Very well!   I have the heart one, the star and my sister has the butterfly one.  I wore the heart yesterday. All of my Ultrafine stuff is holding up well.  Even the magnetic ones. They are still very white looking.  The butterfly one I gave my sister is an exception to her.  She likes the oxidized stuff that is so popular.  She has a couple David Yurman stuff.  I don't care for it.  She doesn't any JAI.  I'm thinking of getting her those Italian spinner rings

@songbird  Thanks for your testimonial. I've been buying UltraFine at the Q since it was .999 silver. Lately, a few pieces have gotten a brownish cast to the metal over time, and I take exceptional care of my jewelry. I think I'll try this bracelet, though--will be very cute for summer. Thanks again.

I purchased probably 3 pieces of Ultrafine, all of them had brownish tarnish. It is easy to clean, but it does develop over time. Soke board members insist they never tarnish.

Respected Contributor

@alice87 - I am so sorry you received pieces with tarnish. That is one of the downsides of silver jewelry, I guess. Unless you wear your pieces very often. I guess there is some kind of  chemical interaction between our skin and our silver jewelry that produces a non-tarnishing effect on the silver. 

I am glad the tarnish is easy to remove, though.

Honored Contributor

I picked up a Tiffany Kay ring today.  Had a promotional coupon that saved me $25.

Tiffany Kay Studio Sterling Silver Purl Knit Band Ring

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

That ring looks really nice, @Bird mama. I have never purchased anything from her line, but I have been tempted on several occasions. I hope you enjoy it! 

Honored Contributor

I received my Tiffany Kay ring today and sent it back for a larger size.  I underestimated how much the width of the band would affect the overall fit. 

For a minute there I wasn't sure that I received the right ring.  It arrived in a blue QVC box with a non descript blue pouch and no romance card.  Honestly the presentation was a real disappointment. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama - It is hard to determine the right size of a ring if the band is very wide or thick-- especially if there is no on air presentation indicating the proper size to order.

Glad you like it enough to order a replacement in a larger size, though! I find that I am gravitating to cleaner, more modern looks in silver these days.

I received the four Jai rings I ordered, and I will be keeping all of them.

1. J421774 - in white topaz, amethyst, and in black spinel.
  2. J435099 - in the crane pattern.

I could not decide on a color, and was drawn to the J421774 in three different colors. All serve different purposes. I expected to like it in white topaz the most, but I ended up liking the amethyst version the most, followed by the black spinel, and then the white topaz. The amethyst stone is smaller than other amy rings in my collection, but it has a unique, and very pretty, medium purple hue with a lot of pink sparkly flashes in it as the stone is cut to perfection.  The black spinel stone has a nice sparkle that makes it kind of mysterious. The white topaz goes with everything and will be a favorite to wear in summer when it is hot outside, as it resembles ice.

I really liked the crane ring. It does not sit up too high on the finger, and it has such a nice, rounded, rectangular shape. It is truly rare for me to purchase a piece of jewelry, but especially a ring, that has no gemstone, as I am a rock hound who probably should have gone into geology or found work at the GIA, due to my personal interest in rocks. I am so drawn to the crane texture on this ring, I think I will wear it today. It looks great paired with my Jai silver Byzantine chains.