Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I am looking for a household gadget that will spray a stream of water like a steamer then suck that water up.....Is there a tool like that?

As I read this I thought of two things:

1 - A shop vac - but that only sucks up water. You want a stream of water first. So a watering can or hose on low, then vac up the mess that way.

2 - Something like the Little Green Machine that sprays water/water w/solution then vacuums it up. That would probably work well IF it had an attachment like a little wand to get into the sills.

I hope you let us all know if you find something suitable. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: In search of

[ Edited ]

Interesting question @Mom2Dogs.  I gave up on using steamers to clean because I find I have to wipe everything down or I'll have streaks.  So I just use micrifiber wipes and get it done faster.  But it sounds like you have a bigger job.

I was interested in this and looked for a Karcher like Kachina mentioned and found this 

To me this picture looks like she is vacuuming the ick.  

The instructions state to mist the surface using included spray bottle, wipe away dirt and grime with attached microfiber pad, and finish by vacuuming up the dirty cleaning solution with the Window Vacuum without leaving any streaks or drips.

This is the Kärcher WV6 Plus - 2-in-1 Electric Window Vacuum Squeegee - Cleans Showers, Mirrors, Glass, and Countertops - 11 in. from Amazon, $129.  If you have more water than this, I think a wet vac may be the way to go.  Many avail at dif price points in Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs @Kachina624 Yes I love the Karcher.  I have patio doors, garden doors and a lot of large windows facing the lake.

@Mom2Dogs , this can be used as a vacuum for water.  I clean the windows with soap and water and this vacuums all the water up leaving a spotless finish.  Much easier than drying by hand.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe , the Karcher Kachina posted is half the price and looks identical to the one you posted.  It has the squeegee.  It is rechargeable.  Greatest invention!

I put water and cleaner in a stainless steel bowl, wash the windows and vac it up with the Karcher.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1   The item that @Kachina624  posted does not have any small tools to help clean like the one that @NYCLatinaMe posted.

I need to do some research to see what will work best.  Thanks everyone for the ideas.  Now I am looking forward to cleaning the sills!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe   I searched for the product you posted...it looks like what I could use, I even called Karcher, I guess it no longer exists....bummer

So I looked closer at a video online for the identical product that was posted.  It appears as if the woman in the video has a small tool attached to the steamer for cleaning...but I don't think it does

...there are no extra attachments for cleaning...just steaming and cleaning windows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs @Kachina624 Yes I love the Karcher.  I have patio doors, garden doors and a lot of large windows facing the lake.

@Mom2Dogs , this can be used as a vacuum for water.  I clean the windows with soap and water and this vacuums all the water up leaving a spotless finish.  Much easier than drying by hand.

Thanks for your review @Lilysmom1.  I may need to check this out.  I hate the water messes!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe   I searched for the product you posted...it looks like what I could use, I even called Karcher, I guess it no longer exists....bummer

So I looked closer at a video online for the identical product that was posted.  It appears as if the woman in the video has a small tool attached to the steamer for cleaning...but I don't think it does

...there are no extra attachments for cleaning...just steaming and cleaning windows.

Hi @Mom2Dogs  The product I posted is available in Amazon.  That is where I found it.  I think I just searched Amazon for Karcher, browsed, and picked that one from my search results.  

I did see just now that if I googled just the name I posted, I only found a used version.  So I searched the picture that I posted (Google Image search, just click the camera in the Google search page and dragged the photo I posted into the box in the Google page), and I turned up the listing.  

It's apparently an updated version of the discontinued one.  Choose style WV6 (2024).  This is the picture of the model.  It states it has a vacuum built in, and a dirt container for the liquid it sucks up.

I also found it googling karcher WV6 (2024).  Looks like HSN may also have a version for $120 + 10.72 S+H.  And Karcher also has a version that came up in that search.  Amazon and HSN add the word Plus to the name.  I didn't compare the products since I am not buying now, but the one sold in Amazon that I first mentioned is most definitely a mini water vacuum with a squeegee attached.  The device does not spray water, which was in your wish list.  It says to use spray bottle, wipe with the attached microfiber pad, and finish by vacuuming up the dirty cleaning solution with the Window Vacuum.

So if you are interested, you can search the picture, or try karcher WV6 (2024).  Both options turned up the available product, along with others.  You just have to look among the results.  

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe ...I might purchase this for cleaning the windows but sure wish it had a small cleaning attachment for the gunk in th sills.  Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe ...I might purchase this for cleaning the windows but sure wish it had a small cleaning attachment for the gunk in th sills.  Thank you

@Mom2Dogs Yes, I think this will suck up the water from the steamer, as you wanted, but it will not wipe the sills clean.