Honored Contributor

glad I could cancel my "advanced" orders🙂

I had selected a few fall items but now as I've gone through my Fall decor I realize I must have shopped Hobby Lobby after Thanksgiving (Fall).

It was nice to find "new" items still wrapped.   a set of candlesticks with acorn & pumpkin motif.  Also,  some cute pedestal candle holders, linens and napkins, lighted pieces, appetizer plates.  I don't do much Halloween decorating but I did buy a couple small candy/dip dishes with "boo" on them.  The HL receipt shocked me 80% off now that's my kind of shopping💃

Shopping my own stash was fun and can't wait to see what my Christmas surprises will be & so glad the items I ordered were still on "advanced" order & I could cancel.🙂🌻

Happy Fall🍂🌻

Esteemed Contributor

Re: glad I could cancel my "advanced" orders🙂

I have cancelled all but 3 of my advanced orders from Valerie.

My glitter candle was supposed to be shipped by now. I really don't need any of this stuff and I don't want to wait and wonder if it will even arrive.

Like you, I have enough to decorate with already.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 How fun to find a stash of decorating items you've forgotten about and how lucky you were to be able to cancel your unneeded items.  I cancelled any advance items that I wanted specifically for this year, but kept three items on order that I know I will use for several years even if I don't get them in time for this year.  I continue to watch the delivery dates slide.  I just hope that the live balsam wreaths I ordered to be delivered as gifts are not delayed.

Respected Contributor

I ordered VPH's mercury glass pumpkin on advance order the first of September. They said it would ship Oct 3, which was fine with me. I really liked it and knew I wouldn't need it before October. Checking today, it says the ship date is Oct 12 and I had the option to cancel. That option made me nervous because now I'm thinking the chances of getting it on the 12th are slim to none.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered a Valerie Parr Hill harvest item in August. Shipping date was suppose to be September 13th. Date kept getting extended. Called last week and was told the item was definitely in stock but they were having problems shipping it out. Date keeps getting extended for an item that is supposedly in stock. .