Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I DO realize that prices have gone up (so please don't tell me that 10 times), but I noticed the big hike in prices for Valerie's items. Our house is pretty small, and we don't have a lot of "stuff" that can clutter our house, but I'm now cautious about what I buy. I miss many of her beautifully cut crystal items. Some of the Christmas items are things that I can find in Home Goods and HomeSense. 

@Effie54  The faceted glass candlesticks are beyond beautiful....they are heavy and super quality. I ordered two sets of them. The faceted glass hurricanes and boxes are also gorgeous. You might want to check these out. 

@Regal Bee   I don't recall candlesticks, only the holder.  I have the crystal, not mirrored, holder from years ago, and it is beautiful.

I have these in clear. Love them

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl   The candle holders are H242152. They are absolutely gorgeous....I ordered two sets and planned to give one away. I think they may be sold out, at this point.

Definitely quality.

Valued Contributor

I agree, also, that VPH needs to rethink what she has been selling lately. Go back to the basics of good taste. Cutsey is fine for some use, but the classic, basic items without all that glitter, sparkle, battery driven decor, is more in line with using something longer than a holiday. Money is too hard to get and keep with prices rising in everything. I want my items to be more year round useable. For example, I am leaning toward the Hay and Harvest brand as being that....If I EVER get my Pinecone Candle holder that has been in advanced order. It will be an item that can sit out all year long, but yet it will be a perfect fall decor item. And no batteries or glitter.

Trusted Contributor

I got rid of so much stuff during the lockdown last year, but it was mostly clothing. Now I am tackling the big stuff like pictures, kitchen stuff, and holiday decor. I can't believe the Christmas stuff I have that I had forgotten about. Some of it is like new....no time to try and sell it online....not worth the few dollars. I found a great donation site...R2S. Recycle to Support.  I don't know if it is in other areas than my own, but they pick up the stuff from your porch and leave a receipt. You choose the charity you want to receive the proceeds. Works for me. I have no holiday decorations from Valerie, and her things are beautiful, but have seen identical items to hers also at Cracker Barrel, Marshall's, and HomeGoods  in years' past. I think they all buy from the same source. 

Honored Contributor

I'm really glad that I have purchased a lot of holiday and seasonal decor in the past, because the prices everywhere are going up and up, and in my opinion, the style are often not attractive or to my liking. 

Valerie's things in particular have really changed over the years. I miss the traditional style of things she used to bring, and so many things are so cheaply made now, or so trendy that I can't see investing in them. 

I used to watch and see so many VPH things I would love to have in my home, and in the last few years, I am lucky if I see even three things all season that I truly would even think about displaying.

I still enjoy watching, and I sooo very much wish they would be able to get the vendors back in the studio, because the presentations just aren't the same. 

Again, I'm so glad I have the things I need and love to use for the holidays, as there just isn't much out there that I like.

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie’s items $$

[ Edited ]

I haven't bought anything VPH in several years because (1) I am downsizing my Christmas decor, (2) the prices are increased, and (3) I haven't seen anything I like enough to break my own pledge to cut back and curate my stash. I know many people enjoy the gingerbread line and associated accessories for making vignettes, but with my open floor plan there is no good way to transition gracefully from cutesy to traditional. It would look cluttered too. Compared to when she started, there is so much more competition now with stores like hobby lobby and home goods, kirklands, etc. sourcing from the same vendors she uses so that her advanced orders and shipping fees also put her at a disadvantage. I'm not saying she doesn't sell a lot, but her niche in the market is now a crowded playing field.