Esteemed Contributor

Some of Valerie's items on advanced order...

Just a heads up if you are looking at anything seasonal....

H226113 set of Valentine houses gave me a ship dat of 2/19...

Honored Contributor

Re: Some of Valerie's items on advanced order...

There seems to be a lot of "advance ordering" going on these days.  Some of the craft items I ordered during Tuesday's craft day on HSN are on advance order...estimated delivery 2/12.

Super Contributor

GURL...  I love Val, but there does look like a delayed shipping date.

Valued Contributor

I'm done with advance orders.  They take your order, but you're not promised timely delivery, and it may not ever get delivered.  

I love Valerie too, but she's not offering much that I can't get at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods or Michaels.

Super Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I'm done with advance orders.  They take your order, but you're not promised timely delivery, and it may not ever get delivered.  

I love Valerie too, but she's not offering much that I can't get at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods or Michaels.

The one thing that Valerie sells that I've never or rarely seen anywhere else are illuminated icons (like birds, hearts, etc)

I have her set of 3 illuminated birds.  They are on my mantle now and are so beautiful at night.  It's nice to have something like that after the holidays.  I also have her set of 3 illuminated hearts as well as bunnies for easter.  They are all unique and again, never seen anything like that in the stores.

I broke down and purchased the cupcake houses because I've never seen anything like that for Valentine's decor. Even if I get get them later at least I'll have them for next year.

Esteemed Contributor

This is crazy, Valentine houses coming in after Valentines day????   I'm out for all these "advanced" orders.  If I order something I really would like to get it in a reasonable time period.  I know it's not Valerie's fault but seriously, why still try to sell items you don't even have in stock???    I wonder if this is the new normal or if it's temporary, though we thought it was temporary for Christmas items too......Be patient or get ready for more disappointment coming soon!

Respected Contributor

That's too bad about the delayed shipping dates.  I'm lucky if I receive an item from QVC within 10 - 14 days after shipment, so that means I would be getting Valentine's Day items in March!  Luckily, I didn't see anything I wanted to order, but it is disappointing.

Esteemed Contributor

advanced order or not....i've stopped ordering 'stuff.'  my grown children don't even want the 'stuff' i'm trying to get rid of!

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I was going to get the Valentine houses until I saw they were advance order. Then I decided that I don't really need them.

Some of Valerie's Christmas Advance order stuff didn't come and just kept getting pushed back. I ended up cancelling several orders

Valued Contributor

You're right @busymom22  -- I agree that Valerie has some nice things that you can't find elsewhere.  Also, her wreaths, garlands and picks are usually nicer than the average.  I'm just at the point where I have so much stuff already.  If I want something new I can usually find it at an old fashioned brick & mortar store.  

Hope you receive and enjoy your purchases!!