Esteemed Contributor

Here's what they posted above the Forums:

WE HEARD YOU!

We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what’s on your mind. So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live. We also invite you to visit the We #loveQVC Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc to experience the wonderful and engaging community our team has begun to build there as well. Now, stay tuned. We will be reaching out through our Blogs & Forums to learn how we can continue to grow, shape, and evolve the future of our communities at QVC with you. Get started now

What this means is anyone's guess. I think they will continue to keep the Forums open to evaluate the the cost/benefit while trying to encourage people to go to FB. I don't think they anticipated how many people want to avoid FB. I won't be doing FB and I was starting to wonder about the safety of Proboards. Just paranoid I guess.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Keeping Forums Open!

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Here's what they posted above the Forums:

WE HEARD YOU!

We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what’s on your mind. So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live. We also invite you to visit the We #loveQVC Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc to experience the wonderful and engaging community our team has begun to build there as well. Now, stay tuned. We will be reaching out through our Blogs & Forums to learn how we can continue to grow, shape, and evolve the future of our communities at QVC with you. Get started now

What this means is anyone's guess. I think they will continue to keep the Forums open to evaluate the the cost/benefit while trying to encourage people to go to FB. I don't think they anticipated how many people want to avoid FB. I won't be doing FB and I was starting to wonder about the safety of Proboards. Just paranoid I guess.

I just saw it, too!  Wow!

Respected Contributor

I am absolutely thrilled to hear this.....I would surely miss all the sweet ladies that frequent this forum. Yay!!

Thanks QVC!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Yes!!!!

Now we can speculate on why they changed their mindSmiley Happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Bizarro.  We'll see what happens.

I'm going to continue to post other places, as well.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Yes!!!!

Now we can speculate on why they changed their mindSmiley Happy.

I have a pretty good idea: Lots of angry ladies 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤...

Is it true?  I have no banner...

ETA - searched blogs, it's true!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sure it had an impact on sales too.  We were distracted by the forum closure and not shopping.

We all saw the impact on the forums, I am sure it was a bigger impact on sales, since only a fraction of people post at any one time.

Respected Contributor

I guess QVC thought we were all sheep and would obediently head over to FB. 

Respected Contributor

I'd say it's 50% the 60 Minutes story and 50% the new CEO's mom.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva wrote:

I guess QVC thought we were all sheep and would obediently head over to FB. 

And it was a silly assumption, since QVC has a million facebook accounts already.  They promote them all the time.  I am sick of hearing hosts telling me to "click like".  If we wanted to be there, we already would be.  Silliest idea ever...