Occasional Contributor

Mr. Halloween and Other Holiday Items

I have been a member of QVC for over 30 years.  For the majority of time I never had to return an item for any reason.  Just this week I received 3 Mr. Halloween items that I have to return--two poorly packaged and damaged in shipment and one where the paint was chipped on the bat wing.  This last item was not due to shipping but poor quality control.  I am also finding Mr. Halloween items greatly reduced at the local Home Goods store.  We pay higher prices for the QVC items and it seems like the packaging is getting cheaper--especially the styrofoam that is breaking into pieces when you take the item out of the box.  Just getting tired of it all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Halloween and Other Holiday Items

@janefromnewmexico   Even as the rest of the world is going more and more to virtual shopping, I have been limiting myself as much as possible to local shopping which helps me in 2 major ways.  First is that when I see and touch what is available to purchase, I know what my money is buying, how different something is from what I already have, what fits me, and so forth.  The other advantage for me is that I can't think of the last item I bought impulsively - except something "evil" in the supermarket maybe.

I still shop QVC for a few items and so far I have been fortunate all arrived on time and I made just one return in the last 3 years -  sad to admit, even that one was my own fault!