Respected Contributor

Halloween Candy - Do You Buy Early?

Halloween front porch.jpg

Do you buy your Halloween candy early......like several weeks prior to the holiday?

I have already bought a bunch of candy and somehow, much of it has disappeared. Gracious.....I wonder what happened to it!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: Halloween Candy - Do You Buy Early?

This year I bought Cheez-it crackers, a large box of individual packages.  Sorry no candy at this house Smiley Happy

I buy my favorite.......I really don't know why I buy anything, last year I had 1 and yes, one trick or treater.

Honored Contributor

I no longer hand out treats on halloween.  Too risky for this "old timer".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No I always wait until the last minute...just so I don't eat a lot of it myself!

I mention this every year.  For the last 27 years my neighbors and I go out with some tables, candles, lanterns, drinks and of course candy and we sit out giving candy to the kids that come onto our cul-de-sac.  It's a nice way to have our own little party! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

No, it is too tempting to have candy in the house.  I wait until a week before Halloween, then I decide when & what to buy.

Last year hardly anyone came due to Covid.  I left a bowl of candy out by my front door and I couldn't tell if any had been taken.  

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee   You took the candy right out of my mouth, lol!  Due to my weak willpower, I now buy candy I do not like so it won't disappear before Halloween!

Respected Contributor

I do buy early & only buy chocolate because I can't eat it.

Trusted Contributor

I buy Candy, crackers, cookies, etc.---all individually wrapped-- as soon as the items are available in the stores.  

Honored Contributor

I occasionally bought candy early in the past, but I'm quite sure I knew it wouldn't be arund for Halloween because it was always something I liked!

Respected Contributor

Yes I do buy early. It it is very tempting to eat some. LOL!!