Respected Contributor

166EE0A1-35AC-4596-870A-58CCA8A3D204.jpeg
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was lovely. Place a sharpie next to an uncut pumpkin and every day through Thanksgiving add a few things to create a family message of gratitude. 

Trusted Contributor

What a great idea!  I love this!  

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful new tradition. 

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz it certainly is a reminder of all the good things during a time when worry has been on my mind more than blessings. 

Honored Contributor

Love this....pass it around the Thanksgiving table, having each person read a gratitudeSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@SunValley  Every day when I find myself saddened with the trajectory of our country...I replace with statements of gratitude.  Just the fact that we get to live on our planet another day is cause for celebration.  I understand your concern...perspective is everything and can help power us through the challenges.  Stay strong and safe!

@SunValley wrote:

@LdyBugz it certainly is a reminder of all the good things during a time when worry has been on my mind more than blessings. 

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley  I think many people need to remind themselves every now and then the blessings they do have.  Worry serves no purpose unless it causes you to take an action for change.

You know, I think I would use one of those foam craft pumpkins for the gratitude pumpkin.  That way it could be dated and brought out the following year to see what every one wrote, and they could add new sentiments for that year.  🙂

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz  Great idea.  My first thought of the Gratitude pumpkin was what an uplifting idea.  My second thought on this was that the real pumpkin will decompose taking all those uplifting messages with it.  Not the image I would want.  BUT, your Idea of the craft pumpkin makes SO much sense.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gratitude pumpkin

[ Edited ]

Such good suggestions all around. Using a craft pumpkin would allow one to save it--a good idea friends! I would date it and then start a new one the following year. Use them in groupings. They could be a variety of sizes and shapes and colors. 

Honored Contributor

Kind of like an Advent calendar for Thanksgiving!