Respected Contributor

Fall Decorating with Neutrals

1828-RT.jpg

1829-RT.jpg

I am decorating with just about all neutrals this year. I love color but find as I age it makes me restless to some degree. 

The neutrals seem to calm me. How about you? Do you like lots of color or more softness of color?

Anyway, I am having so much fun decorating this year. Last year was a total wash-out for me but it is onward and upwards this year. Yay! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Fall Decorating with Neutrals

How soft and pretty, @Regal Bee !   Tones of blush and champagne.  Yes, I like neutrals, and I also like color, but have always been drawn in my surroundings to the slightly "off", muted tones, never primary color or very bright color.

So, I love your wreath!

Honored Contributor

This wreath is stunning.  I have never been a fan of the orange used at this time of year.  This is appropriate, beautiful, but isn't glaring at you.  

Just beautiful!!!Smiley Happy

I do my Thanksgiving with white pumpkins, evergreen, and red apples accented by antique silver candlesticks.

The "china" is Franciscan's Apple.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee  I LOVE those colors!  I got a pretty wreath in neutral colors on Amazon last year for a very good price  It's on the coffee table with 3 candles inside.  I'll probably still keep the traditional colors for my front door and lantern. It's so great to see your photos! Such a beauty!

Respected Contributor

Because the weather is still quite warm in my area through autumn, I prefer skipping orange in favor of soft shades of brown, gold and green, as I used this year, or the cream, sage and grey combination that I've used in years past.  Your wreath is lovely, @Regal Bee .

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee   I love the neutral colors. Beautiful 🍂🍁

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee - Very lovely! I also tend to decorate with neutrals in the fall, adding a little splash of bright orange in just one or two places. But this year, we've had a slew of family medical issues and other depressing events, so I felt like I wanted more bright colors and a little whimsy to celebrate the change in season. I'm using a palette of Fiesta poppy, daffodil, and shamrock mixed in with Temp-tations Pumpkin Patch pieces, and the effect is really joy-inducing and heart-warming for me. I'll have to take some pictures when I get some time in the next few days. Thanks for sharing yours...

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee 

Beautiful and I purchased a few neutral pieces.  They are so perfect to decorate through the Fall vs traditional.

As always, love your style😊😊😊

homedecor1

Respected Contributor

Where did you find the wreath? Orange is not my decor.

Respected Contributor

@traveler  I found it at TJ Maxx last year on a vacation trip to Georgia.

I live in Florida and haven't seen anything like this here.