Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a “ gift closet”?

@Pearlee wrote:

No I don't. I had to clear it out to make room for all the skeletons.

LOL Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

I don't have a gift closet per se, but actually I start shopping in January for the year's birthday gifts and the next Christmas gifts.  I have room downstairs to store them.  Then I keep a list of what I've bought in a Word file so I don't forget.  Every time I buy another gift, I add it to the list.  Works for me.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I have a dedicated shelf  in a walk in dressing room where I place items that I store gifts that I plan to give. I buy some little items to give as Hostess gifts .

Respected Contributor

I have a storage ottoman where I put gift I buy for specific people. That's also where I keep the wrapping paper,  ribbon, scissors and tape.

Respected Contributor

Now that I've retired, I have no need to keep generic baby, wedding and congratulatory gifts on hand.  The children in my extended family are adults with children of their own, so I no longer give them gifts.  I do have a shelf where I store gifts that I've bought throughout the year for specific people for their birthday or Christmas, but I don't have a selection of generic gifts any longer.  It's funny how one goes through different stages of life with different requirements for gift giving.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't but, yes, the hosts continue to talk about them.  

The hosts also continue to tell us who we can buy for - the mail carrier, the neighbor, the  dog walker, hairdresser, some random person who smiled at you once, etc., etc.  LOL. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago when I lived in my Texas sized house with Texas sized closets!  Now, no more gift closet.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I retired a few years ago...no more need for office gifts. I guess I haven't been shopping much until I need something specific either.  I need the closet space anyway! 

Honored Contributor

No more gift giving at this house.  Retired, family gone, etc.  So it's gift cards for hairdressers and mail carrier and we don't exchange gifts any more. 

Trusted Contributor

I used to.. now I don't purchase gifts like I did before these past couple of seasons. But it was nice while it lasted.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~