Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a “ gift closet”?

I do not nor have ever had a gift closet.  I don't pass out random gifts, and never did.  I gift those whom are close to me.

We treat service people well.  No surprises.

Respected Contributor

I did in years past when I was super busy.....not so much now. I do keep certain things on hand but I wouldn't call it a gift closet. 

Now that I have more time, I really enjoy the "hunt" for gifts for special people in my life.

Valued Contributor

No. Reason being, tastes and desires change. I like the "thrill of the hunt" to find the perfect item for family/kids that I buy for. This year, my hunt will have to be sooner, given the state of product and shipping. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I never had an entire closet just for 'just in case gifts'. 

I did used to buy high end nice things as I found good deals, with the intent to have them on hand for housewarming gifts, unexpected invites to kid's birthday parties, or gifts to people outside our usual realm of people. I'd buy things that I thought would be perfect for teacher's gifts, etc. 

I've always shopped ahead for family, but those gifts were not always about a 'deal' just bought ahead things especially chosen for their likes, needs and tailored just for them. 

As life has moved on, I really don't have that fringe gifting thing to do much anymore, so all the things I had accumulated for such was dispensed and I stopped a number of years ago, adding to it. 

I still shop all year for my mom, son, dil, and grands. Again, these gifts are more about getting the 'perfect' things they need or want or have interest in, having them bought and paid for well before the holiday.

I no longer keep them in a closet either, and they are now stored under the bed in the spare room! LOL

Honored Contributor

Nope, but I admit I have all my Christmas presents bought and paid for in the guest bedroom under the bed.