Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree Placement and Moving Furniture?

That is the reason I quit putting up a tree...moving furniture around...which I enjoy doing to rearrange the room for a different look, but not for a tree.  

My family room is an odd shape so moving the furniture to incorporate a tree was difficult.  I now use my fireplace mantle and hearth, long and big for the focal point of the room.

Esteemed Contributor

We have high ceilings so the only thing I move is a table lamp as I put my six foot tree on a sturdy corner table.  Got in the habit of doing this when we had small kids and inquisitive pets ( kids are teens now and dogs aren't interested in the tree).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG    Your house looks like it was just made for Christmas.  Very cozy and charming. 

@Kachina624 

Thank you Luv!

You can see the rest of the down stairs that were decorated.  Of course the working part of the kitchen, office/pantry, or laundry room weren't decorated.

The only change is the brass lamps were changed out to large hand thrown ginger jar lamps in cream.

Here's My "Country" Christmas - Blogs & Forums (qvc.com)

Respected Contributor

We have one small tree which just requires moving one end table.  I like decorating for Christmas but I don't go over board.   I have a very small family and not many people visit.  More and more I'm finding decorating for Christmas a chore rather than a pleasure.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Regal Bee    Please don't be shy about posting some photos of your beautiful holiday decor this year.  You do a spectacular job, and I've missed seeing your decorations.   I don't do any so I live vicariously through the efforts of others. 

@Kachina624  Such a lovely comment....thank you.

I have gotten out of the habit of taking pictures lately....need to dust my camera off and get going. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I've moved my tree outside!   No furniture to move at all.

I have a large picture window and put the tree about 6 feet from the window.

Always a real tree with LED lights.    PRETTY!!!

Also, in the back yard, planted 2 evergreens and I have solar lights on those and they are on every night for the past 2-1/2 years.

The sun powers them.  I have Christmas 365 every night.

Contributor

I have my Christmas tree out all year round I can change the colors on the tree to fit a certain part of the year. I got a Santa's Best Tree few years ago my family loves it I do too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have to move a large old trunk in our family room to make space for our tree.  We do also decorate the kitchen, dining room, and living room, as well.  Nothing crazy.  We really like more Early American decor.

We leave our decorations up well into January.  It brings some 

lightness into our New England winter.

@ECBG, Your home is so lovely.  So classic, with many timeless touches.  What a wonderful idea to keep your ceramic village pieces in a glass cabinet.  Do you keep them there all year?  I sure would!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

We have to move a large old trunk in our family room to make space for our tree.  We do also decorate the kitchen, dining room, and living room, as well.  Nothing crazy.  We really like more Early American decor.

We leave our decorations up well into January.  It brings some 

lightness into our New England winter.

@ECBG, Your home is so lovely.  So classic, with many classic touches.  What a wonderful idea to keep your ceramic village pieces in a glass cabinet.  Do you keep them there all year?  I sure would!

@PamfromCT 

Many thanks.  

The Dickens Village in the pie safe does come out and other family keepsakes go in.  I have my grandmother's "Little Red Riding Hood" cookie jar!

Vintage Ceramic Little Red Riding Hood Cookie Jar - shopgoodwill.com

As well as a Blessed Mary statue from Lladro.

Respected Contributor

The tree is now the least of my decor - I just pur up a small one on a round decorator table. In the last few years I have collected quite a few Santas and I put them all over the living room, dining room and family room. And of course I do my tablescapes.