Respected Contributor

Christmas Tree Placement and Moving Furniture?

[ Edited ]

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year and already planning my Christmas tree placements in each room....living, dining and family rooms.  We have some new Christmas trees that are somewhat wider in diameter than the pencil trees I have used in the past. Of course, this means the moving of furniture.

Do you have to move a lot of furniture, some furniture or none at all for your trees?

I am finding this a bit of a challenge although I love it. How does it work for you? I'm curious.

Edited to add one of my thin (pencil) trees from the past. As you can see, these trees require almost no moving of furniture. I will have to continue to use one in my dining room or have a moving company assist me. Haha.......

2312-RT.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree Placement and Moving Furniture?

@Regal Bee I move one piece of furniture to put up my Christmas tree in my living room.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We normally have only put up one large tree and never had to move anything to place it.

Last year, we only put up one small white flocked tree with clear lights and only decorated with one clip on red cardinal.  After Christmas, we covered it up and put it in the basement.

We plan on doing that again this year and we are getting rid of our huge tree and many boxes of Christmas's Tree decor and ornaments.

It was so freeing not to have to deal with a Christmas tree....putting it up and taking it down.

I am also getting rid of getting a lot of other holiday decor.  I am honestly tired of the expense and stress.  It is not worth it to me anymore.

I know this is not for everyone, some people enjoy holiday decor and don't mind the time and effort, but I am not one of them.

I do enjoy looking at decor in other people's home.

This was from  the last time I decorated a tree in the family room a few years ago.

E62FEB77-8DE6-445B-B5B1-2FF8F9B3EFD0.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe I'll be moving furniture.  The tree is fairly small.

I kept it up and decorated last year; it's been in the garage with a large plastic bag over it so I think I can just bring it in the house, tweak the ornaments, and I'm set!

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I always try to make the space where I put the Christmas tree a "swing space" and put an easily movable piece of furniture or whatever is easy to move there the rest of the year. 

Your question prompted a bittersweet memory of my good boy, my old Lab. When he was alive, we kept his dog bed in the "swing space." We would move it to another part of the room during the Christmas season. Every year when the tree went up, he would pointedly walk over and just stand in front of the tree where his bed used to be and throw me the stink eye before letting out a loud, displeased sigh and dramatically walking over to his bed and plop down, where he would continue to glare at me. 

That good boy was quite a character. 🥰

Respected Contributor

@RegalBee. We put up two trees - the one in the dining room doesn't require moving any furniture.  I have to move one table in the living room to accommodate the other tree.

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I always try to make the space where I put the Christmas tree a "swing space" and put an easily movable piece of furniture or whatever is easy to move there the rest of the year. 

Your question prompted a bittersweet memory of my good boy, my old Lab. When he was alive, we kept his dog bed in the "swing space." We would move it to another part of the room during the Christmas season. Every year when the tree went up, he would pointedly walk over and just stand in front of the tree where his bed used to be and throw me the stink eye before letting out a loud, displeased sigh and dramatically walking over to his bed and plop down, where he would continue to glare at me. 

That good boy was quite a character. 🥰

@Maltichonmom17  I couldn't help but smile at your reply. We did this same thing last year when we moved our cat's bed in the living room. She was not happy. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee    Please don't be shy about posting some photos of your beautiful holiday decor this year.  You do a spectacular job, and I've missed seeing your decorations.   I don't do any so I live vicariously through the efforts of others. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We have double windows on each end of the great room.

On the front side to the right of the windows,I have an extra large upholstered chair with matching ottoman.  To the left of the windows an antique ladderback with arms and a rush seat.  The upholstered chair and ottoman will be "walked" to the other end so the tree will be in the front of the house.

The kitchen gets an antique Santa, not a tree, the dining room gets large angels and candles.

DSCN0456.JPG

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    Your house looks like it was just made for Christmas.  Very cozy and charming. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment