Esteemed Contributor

I usually find that Energizer lasts the longest.  I do still use Duracell as that's the one my big box store carries.  I've only had a couple of issues with them leaking but I only had to clean the battery compartment and it was just with candles.   As far as someone stated regarding rechargables, I used to use them years ago when my kids were young and they were not very good , maybe they've improved somewhat but I still prefer a regular battery.

Esteemed Contributor

I find that Amazon Basics last as long as any others.  I have a couple of items that "eat" batteries.  Just quit using them lit!

Honored Contributor

I buy my batteries from Amazo...their own brand.  I never had good luck wih Rayvac.

Honored Contributor

I always buy batteries in bulk at Sam's Club and for many years, they had Duracell, and I had great luck with them. When they started carrying the Duracell Quantum, I found those to last even longer. They switched to carrying Energizers, and I have bought a bunch, but haven't started using them yet. I'm not happy about the switch, as I got great life out of my Duracells. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone I'm going to "try" them as I'll only use for about a month.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Energizers because they last the longest for me...

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Thank you everyone I'm going to "try" them as I'll only use for about a month.

----

You'll be fine @homedecor1 . We get.more than a month from them. The two big names, Energizer and Duracell are a little better.

Honored Contributor

My only rule is to use one of the bigger brands like mentioned above.  I see a huge difference between them and Brand X.  I once had a large quantity from Sportsman's Guide (men's catalogue) that were pitched during a phone in order. They said I had to listen to their spiel.  Absolutely terrible batteries.  And Sportsman's Guide is black balled.

Respected Contributor

I am using up what I have left of Duracell batteries as I've had the most trouble using them. They leak and some are dead out of the box! I had one explode and it ruined my figural battery box. I've had enough of this brand.

I started buying dollar tree heavy duty batteries and so far so good. I also have an energizer batteries box I will be using soon for the holidays.