Honored Contributor

OH, and yes, I still carry a checkbook. It is housed in a Dooney & Bourke checkbook cover that is now a good 20 years old and in great condition)!  Good thing too because I don't think I can find another holder..... (I've looked),.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I carry as little as possible and always have.  I carry no makeup, no tools, just a couple credit cards, health and i.d. cards, sunglasses and sometimes my phone, and a $50 and two $20's usually.

In this day and age add masks, wipes or sanitizer, and gloves. 

All fits in a tiny bag or a pocket or two. 

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

OH, and yes, I still carry a checkbook. It is housed in a Dooney & Bourke checkbook cover that is now a good 20 years old and in great condition)!  Good thing too because I don't think I can find another holder..... (I've looked),.....

Just curious. How often do you have to write checks? Or do you prefer them over debit cards?

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

We prefer using checks and will not use debit cards or have payments electronically sent (even though we can).... occasionally we have but overall still prefer dealing in checks.... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Purse essentials

[ Edited ]

I used to carry huge bags when I worked, but in retirement I prefer a small crossbody bag in leather or faux leather. I have streamlined what I need to carry with me. I like a pocket on the outside and one or more pockets on the inside. I prefer a zip top, but I have 2 flap front bags with a snap. 

@Q4u 

We still write checks too, but I don't usually carry my checkbook in my handbag. We use credit cards and then pay those bills by check. We never use debit cards.