Honored Contributor

Re: LUG bags "in the wild"...question...

I bet you have !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@amyb   "Anybody else who actually uses and likes Lug ever see them on anyone else?"

Never!   I've gotten many compliments for the one I have.  Probably because it has a fox tail. 

Never seen a Vera Bradley except on Q.

I am surrounded by "beaches & boardwalks."  I have never ever seen anyone in beach pants.  And believe me, I have seen some sights there. Smiley Surprised

I never heard of them & didn't even know what they were until a month or so ago.

in Florida-like you I've never seen beach pants even at the beach or small towns there. Doesn't stop me from wearing them lol. I do see Daisy dukes and skin tight leggings on every age female young and old. 
bags and purses around here? Mostly designer knockoffs like Kors, Coach, etc like you see at discount stores

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

I recently bought a new Lug off eBay and took it on vacation with me to the Crystal Coast in NC. Got a few complements while out and about with it.Lug purse.jpg

Respected Contributor

@debfau wrote:

I recently bought a new Lug off eBay and took it on vacation with me to the Crystal Coast in NC. Got a few complements while out and about with it.Lug purse.jpg

I have the aqua one with the starfish. Yes ppl do notice and like. One of my fave lugs 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

The only time I ever saw one is the one my SIL has. I thought, that looks like one of those lug purses and sure enough it was. 

Respected Contributor

Had one lug back pack, it feel apart after 10 uses maybe.  I have Vera accessories but I usually don't like printed purses like Lug and VB.  I love my VB and Lands End printed totes though.  Several of my Vera totes are from when they were still made in the USA.  Look brand new, and know many are from 2010-2012. 

Contributor

Today in the supermarket I spotted a woman wearing a white lug coupe xl. It looked very nice on her! It was the first lug of any kind that I've seen on anyone else "in the wild." I have a couple of coupe xl's myself which I use mostly on rainy days,  or to walk the dog, or to walk the dog on rainy days. 😁 

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb I see more Vera Bradley bags than I do Lug bags.  When I traveled regularly, I used my VB duffle bag and had a crossbody bag that I wore under my jacket so that if, heaven forbid I had to make an emergency exit from a plane, I had all of my essentials - drivers licence, $$, insurance and credit cards. The duffle bag would have been left behind.

In the airport, I'd often see people with VB bags and when I'm shopping I see people with them too.

The only Lug bag I carry with any regularity is a brown tote bag and that is mostly because it doesn't matter if it gets wet in the rain or snow. I put my purse inside it and whatever else I'm carrying to doctors appts with my brother. 

Esteemed Contributor

that's a beautiful bag @debfau