Trusted Contributor

Re: I miss the Kathy VanZeeland purses

@Goodie2shoes Baggallini still has some gold hardware bags. Search "gold hardware Baggallini" on Amazon or search their website. 

Frequent Contributor

@Mz iMac  yes, I guess I mis-stated but I meant as far as her still making purses.  She does make luggage, so she still is in business.  

Honored Contributor

I liked the bags I bought a lot of them although I don't have any of them anymore. I loved the charms on a clip she always included with the bag, I still have a couple of them. 

Super Contributor

Kathy’s handbags were not really my style and were made of cheap components. They were huge sellers on QVC, however. I loved her husband Bruce Makowsky’s handbags. The leather was high quality and the styles were daring but wearable for the office. Wild colors, fringe, etc. But they were well made and had all the right compartments in all the right places. His shows were so much fun and I purchased many bags.

I still have several of my favorite B. Makowsky bags. The ONLY reason I don’t carry them anymore is because I am older and when fully loaded they are just too heavy. I carry Dooneys and Aimee Kestenberg bags now and am always trying to downsize. My Dooneys always seem to “collapse” no matter how I load them up, a very unattractive “hole” on the surface. Very disappointing. But I need a certain type of bag with specific compartments and they are hard to find.

For those who don’t know, Kathy and Bruce sold their accessory companies, went into high-end real estate and made LOTS of money. Don’t know how they are doing post-COVID.
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@catwoman48 wrote:
Kathy’s handbags were not really my style and were made of cheap components. They were huge sellers on QVC, however. I loved her husband Bruce Makowsky’s handbags. The leather was high quality and the styles were daring but wearable for the office. Wild colors, fringe, etc. But they were well made and had all the right compartments in all the right places. His shows were so much fun and I purchased many bags.

I still have several of my favorite B. Makowsky bags. The ONLY reason I don’t carry them anymore is because I am older and when fully loaded they are just too heavy. I carry Dooneys and Aimee Kestenberg bags now and am always trying to downsize. My Dooneys always seem to “collapse” no matter how I load them up, a very unattractive “hole” on the surface. Very disappointing. But I need a certain type of bag with specific compartments and they are hard to find.

For those who don’t know, Kathy and Bruce sold their accessory companies, went into high-end real estate and made LOTS of money. Don’t know how they are doing post-COVID.

@catwoman48 I remember reading that about them. Wonder what they are doing now? He doesn't seem like the type to do "nothing". 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember those handbags, and I saw them being carried by lots of women in my town. I have always preferred streamlined simple purses so I never bought any of her bags.

KVZ and her husband were on a lot back in the day, but then they just disappeared. That's how it seems to go with some brands on the Q. When you're "hot" you're on often. It's all about sales numbers.

Enjoy the Weekend, Everyone! 🌈

Valued Contributor

I have some of them.  The plainer ones.  They got crazy after a while.  I am in the process of selling them on ebay.  Mine are like new.  I do have a few that I enjoy still and will keep.  Many are not cross body bags and so they are not as useful to me now.  However a few of them are nice and in good condition and I still might wear.  I don't think anyone would even know they were KVZ bags as they are the more subtle ones. 

Frequent Contributor

@toria   I liked the more plain, less flashy ones too.  My fav was white with some studs on it, lots of room with pockets inside and out.  I wore mine out and have been looking for one for at least 10 years off and on.  Well much to my surprise I found the same bag 

NEW WITH TAGS on Etsy last week!  😁

Contributor

I bought a couple of bags from kathy..don't get them hot or they will start peeling. They were fun though..miss her.