Frequent Contributor

I miss the Kathy VanZeeland purses

Anyone else still have a Kathy VanZeeland handbag?  I really liked her line.  The bags were so pretty and functional.  Nothing really compares to what she designed.  

Super Contributor

Re: I miss the Kathy VanZeeland purses

My sister loved her purses and has several, I on the other hand didn’t really care for them.
Is she still in the business?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Itsjustme4 

As I recall, her bags were all faux leather, right?  I recall all the shows (and TSVs!) her hubby, Bruce Makowsky, had on QVC.  It seemed like he had one every month and shoppers were obviously buying them.     

I still carry one of his bags.  

Honored Contributor

@Itsjustme4,

I really liked them too and had 2 or 3. A yellow one, a zebra one (I know what was I thinking?! but at the time I loved it). They were so fun to carry and lightweight and made well.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

That's going back a stretch.  I owned several.

Frequent Contributor

@nelc   no, she is no longer in business.  There are quite a few purses of hers for sale on EBay and Poshmark tho.  Mostly used..

Respected Contributor

I loved her bags and still have a couple as well as a Bruce Makousky handbag.  I don't carry them anymore because I love the crossbody bags with RFID protected  card slots so I don't have to carry a wallet. I love Baggalini and INKWIP bags but I only wish they had gold tone hardware. I'm sure the silver tone hardware keeps the cost down but I would pay a little more for the goldtone hardware and I'm sure there are others who would do the same. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Itsjustme4 wrote:

Anyone else still have a Kathy VanZeeland handbag?  I really liked her line.  The bags were so pretty and functional.  Nothing really compares to what she designed.  

@Itsjustme4   I .had a ton of them and loved them but they didn't last. They all peeled.  and some I hardly carried.  Junk IMO

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used to love her bags as well. Had many but have taken most to the consignment store. Still have a few left. 

I think the current bags are just as good & comparable if not better. Lug would be the closest since they have faux leather. But IKWIP, Baggallini are all good. 

Have you tried the newer bags?

Honored Contributor

I still have a couple that I kept but I haven't used them.  At the time she was popular I was crazy about them and purchased quite a few.  They were so eye-catching!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin