Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Bags Shipping in Plastic Bags??

@Regal Bee wrote:

@SandySparkles  I feel exactly the same way. The shipping charges are high and I would expect better than this.

I will not order until I find out, for sure. Smiley Frustrated

@Regal Bee I was surprised to read this! Until they rectify the issue, I am certain many shoppers are going to reconsider purchasing from them.😐 It is sad because they are such a high quality brand!😔 Fingers crossed things improve!😁🤞🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee 

@Regal Bee wrote:

I am a Dooney handbag lover but haven't ordered one in several months...yikes! All my bags have been shipped in boxes to protect the bag.

I wanted to order A640724 but SO many of the reviews are stating this bag was shipped in a plastic bag and no box. I am stunned!

Have any of you ordered a Dooney bag recently, and was it shipped in a plastic bag?

This bag is expensive and I don't trust this kind of shipping. Would really like your input. Thanks.

Edited to add:  I sent in a statement asking why the handbag is NOT being shipped in a box. I also added, I will not order until I find this information out.

I really want this bag, so I am very frustrated. Smiley Mad

Regal Bee,

That is a handsome bag; I just looked it up.  On the regular Dooney website, you can find that bag for 30% off.  You would save over $100.00.  I don't know how they would ship it though; you would have to inquire about your concern. They offer the bag in 12 colors.  I hope you can get the bag.  I just bought a "Turnlock" from that site.  If memory serves, it came in a sturdy box. 

Trusted Contributor

I always order direct from Dooney.  Always come in a box.  Maybe this is a QVC thing.

Respected Contributor

For the cost of these purses they should be shipped in a much better way.

Honored Contributor

very surprised.....

i recently ordered a lunchtime special tote bag by rebecca minkoff. it was $123 with free shipping. it came in a HUGE box with "air puff" protection. it was also totally wrapped and very protected. excellent packaging. A613362

do the dooneys come direct from QVC or from DB?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Regal Bee 

@Regal Bee wrote:

I am a Dooney handbag lover but haven't ordered one in several months...yikes! All my bags have been shipped in boxes to protect the bag.

I wanted to order A640724 but SO many of the reviews are stating this bag was shipped in a plastic bag and no box. I am stunned!

Have any of you ordered a Dooney bag recently, and was it shipped in a plastic bag?

This bag is expensive and I don't trust this kind of shipping. Would really like your input. Thanks.

Edited to add:  I sent in a statement asking why the handbag is NOT being shipped in a box. I also added, I will not order until I find this information out.

Regal Bee,

That is a handsome bag; I just looked it up.  On the regular Dooney website, you can find that bag for 30% off.  You would save over $100.00.  I don't know how they would ship it though; you would have to inquire about your concern. They offer the bag in 12 colors.  I hope you can get the bag.  I just bought a "Turnlock" from that site.  If memory serves, it came in a sturdy box. 

@maximillian   Thanks so much! I love this bag and ordered it. I have ordered from the website before and it is always shipped in a box.

Respected Contributor

Many thanks to everyone who replied....your input is always appreciated.

I'm going through a rough time right now and wanted this bag as a treat but I'm not in the mood to ship something back. 

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee 

@Regal Bee wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

@Regal Bee 

@Regal Bee wrote:

Regal Bee,

@maximillian   Thanks so much! I love this bag and ordered it. I have ordered from the website before and it is always shipped in a box.

You are welcome.  Just out of curiosity, what color did you order?  Oh, when I got my "Turnlock" bag fom that site, the shipping was prompt.  It arrived a couple of days before the initial date they gave me. It's always exciting to get a new, beautiful bag like that.  You should have and enjoy your new purchase for many years to come. 

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee Yes, all the bags I have ordered from QVC or Dooney.com have come in boxes, however, the last Florentine I ordered last month from QVC did come in a plastic bag. Fortunately, it was is perfect condition but I admit I did hold my breath till I opened it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The one I bought for myself at Christmas still came in a box with absolutely everything in covered protection like items.  I spend quite a bit of time removing it all but so worth it.

I do not buy my bags from the Q. but from the Dooney site itself.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."