Respected Contributor

Dooney Bags Shipping in Plastic Bags??

[ Edited ]

I am a Dooney handbag lover but haven't ordered one in several months...yikes! All my bags have been shipped in boxes to protect the bag.

I wanted to order A640724 but SO many of the reviews are stating this bag was shipped in a plastic bag and no box. I am stunned!

Have any of you ordered a Dooney bag recently, and was it shipped in a plastic bag?

This bag is expensive and I don't trust this kind of shipping. Would really like your input. Thanks.

Edited to add:  I sent in a statement asking why the handbag is NOT being shipped in a box. I also added, I will not order until I find this information out.

I really want this bag, so I am very frustrated. Smiley Mad

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dooney Bags Shipping in Plastic Bags??

@Regal Bee 

I was an avid Dooney fan for many years and I sure wouldn't want one shipped in the plastic QVC bag!

Too much of a chance of damage! Dooney's aren't cheap!

Honored Contributor

And shipping the bags in the hot summer months is a bad idea. The plastic could cling to the leather and damage the leather.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

All my Dooney bags (my most favorite bag) are shipped in boxes. If I ever received a bag that was shipped in a plastic bag, it would go right back and I would ask for 100% refund. They are too expensive to be shipped in anything but a box. 

Respected Contributor

Is this just a QVC phenomena?  I've purchased handbags that are sold on the Q directly from the vendor and  they aren't shipped in bags. 

Cost cutting measure? 

Trusted Contributor

I just got three no-show sneaker socks sent to me in a box large enough for a pair of shoes so I suppose anything is possible.  I think sometimes the folks working in shipping departments must get bored....

My latest Patricia Nash bags were sent in large boxes.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be  disgusted if I bought  a Dooney  bag that was $$$  and it was shipped in a plastic bag  being tossed around .   I bought other brands of $$$ leather bags  with nice hardware online that were all packaged with paper around the bag and then inside a cloth pouch and plastic and in a decent box.  In additional all the bags hardware was  covered well to prevent damage .

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I am a Dooney handbag lover but haven't ordered one in several months...yikes! All my bags have been shipped in boxes to protect the bag.

I wanted to order A640724 but SO many of the reviews are stating this bag was shipped in a plastic bag and no box. I am stunned!

Have any of you ordered a Dooney bag lately and was it shipped this way?

This bag is expensive and I don't trust this kind of shipping. Would really like your input. Thanks.

Wow!  I've never received one shipped in a bag, but I'd be angry if I did!  Anything can happen to an expensive bag shipped like that, especially regarding shape and scratches.  The shipping cost is so much and when they offer free shipping it's just added to the cost of the bag, but regardless, it should always come in a box!

Maybe you should send a message that this isn't the way it should be shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

😲 I ABSOLUTELY expect BETTER from Dooney, and as much as I LOOOOVE❤ and have trusted the brand for many sunsets, I would NOT order one until the shipping method was changed!😁 ANYTHING can happen in a plastic bag during shipment! I am shaking my head at this one!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles  I feel exactly the same way. The shipping charges are high and I would expect better than this.

I will not order until I find out, for sure. Smiley Frustrated