Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:
Almost afraid to write this, but I ordered 4 of his bags and still have 2 stored away. Stored for what? I have no idea. I liked his bags and didn't have any qc issues. I would have been steamed if dye rubbed off on my clothing.

I have moved on to less expensive bags. I like the Baggaleni (I am sure that's spelled incorrectly) cross body bags and have 3 different colors. And in winter when I have on a jacket, more likely to just carry my phone, with DL, money and a card. Its so freeing not to have anything across my shoulders.

Spring/summer I will probably carry a cross body bag to carry phone and sunglasses.

@kate2357 

I hate to see people type that they are intimidated or don't want to post something. Unless you are going against the board rules or Attacking someone else, write what you want, don't let people bully you into not sharing your point of view be it  Positive or Negative. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bruce Makowky

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom 

Thanks for posting. I did not know that he was also involved with Tignanello. One of my favorite bags to travel with is a Tignanello crossbody.

As for the B. Makowsky bags, I had one that I actually loved and it lasted for quite awhile. My problem was not with bleeding, but the bag kept getting darker and darker as time wore on even with me placing it in the duster  when not in use. It started to just look dirty to me so I ended up trashing it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus 

I didn't feel bullied, I just didn't want to fan any flames. Too much disagreement these days on so many different topics. So many people w/ strongly held opinions, I just didn't want to be annoying about a purse. LOL. 

Hope you have a great new year. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom   @icezeus  Thanks for sharing.  Also didn’t know he was involved with Tignanello bags. Still have a Tignanello and only bought one Bruce crossbody.  I don’t use it often but a red leather crossbody.  Love it.

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@KingstonsMom   @icezeus  Thanks for sharing.  Also didn’t know he was involved with Tignanello bags. Still have a Tignanello and only bought one Bruce crossbody.  I don’t use it often but a red leather crossbody.  Love it.

I dont believe that Tiagnello was Kathy.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

@lynnie61 wrote:

I dont believe that Tiagnello was Kathy.  

Yes. It was. When they sold their company to Li & Fung, it included all three. Tignanello, B. Makowsky and Van Zeeland bags netted them about 300M. The two stayed with the company briefly after they sold it but eventually left. The brands were then briefly reinvented but none of the second incarnations took off. It didn't appear at the time that much effort was put into making a success of the reinvented brands.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
I still have one of his bags, a nice metallic crossbody. I use it when I go out walking. I found his larger bags to be very heavy and I carry mostly Dooneys, so his bags were really heavy.

I was a bigger fan of his footwear. I have a pair of boots and 3 pairs of sandals and I still wear them.
Trusted Contributor

I'm using a B. Makowsky bag right now, it's oxblood color and I like it a lot. It's a satchel with a couple of outside pockets. I've always liked his bags.