Respected Contributor

recently I bought two Lug bags from different sellers-one from eBay and one from Mercari. Fantastic low prices. Both bags were new with tags and all the wrappings. Neither had been removed from the sealed cellophane bags. Yet both were defective. One had the lug logo sewn crooked, looks terrible. The other one has defective sewing on the top so the bag caves in where it shouldn't. Where do these ppl acquire these bags? Some sellers have many to offer. Where the heck do they get them?

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Re: Am I dumb??

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

You're not dumb lol.  I've wondered the exact same thing about their inventory.  I know there seems to be a seller on Mercari in particular who has a TON of these lug bags for sale.  If I'm not mistaken, I received one shipped from the Philadelphia area.🌸

Valued Contributor

I believe there are vendors who snap up the 'Returns' from customers -

There are quite a few on ebay, who sell QVC clothing, and they are customer returns, they sell them for a fraction of the price. 

I've purchased them and never had a problem, always been happy. But some of them are 'defective' and usually the vendor states this in the listing.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother.  Maybe Lug sells pallets of factory rejects?  Like QVC sells pallets of unsold things.  Who would really want a reject handbag though?  I hope you can return them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fairydogmother.  Maybe Lug sells pallets of factory rejects?  Like QVC sells pallets of unsold things.  Who would really want a reject handbag though?  I hope you can return them.

yeah I've wondered whether there is a source these ppl have for factory seconds or whatever. The thing is, the bags are exactly as advertised- new with tags, unopened. The whole thing seems a titch shady to me. But here I am, trying to get a cheaper deal, so...that's on me. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I dumb??

[ Edited ]

google QVC Pallets and check it out 

check my spelling on pallets first 

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I've wondered where they get the things they sell myself. I've bought a few Lug bags from ebay and Mercari and never had any issues.

So it's doable... it's not your fault....not dumb!

Did these sellers pass the bags off as NWT (new with tags)? If so you should be able to return them if they aren't what you would expect "new" to be. Do they have return policies? I'd contact them....

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

I guess you never know if someone is making fakes selling them?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I guess you never know if someone is making fakes selling them?

yeah I've wondered about that

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

There are pretty much "fakes" of almost everything.. I try to buy at the website of the item. I am willing to spend full price for piece of mind. I do not trust third hand sellers.