Respected Contributor

Is there anyone here who has "THE PERFECT BAG" Every time I see a pocketbook that I think will be just THE one I have been looking for  it lacks something:

too many zippers, too heavy, too small for my belongings, too large, coming apart, color fading, doesn't stay on my shoulder, strap too long for my height.

Well, it goes on and on. I'm sure you get my point.

And yet, hope springs eternal and I buy another. After all, it was on sale.

Anyone here found it yet? If so, do tell.

Or, tell us if you share my quest.

Honored Contributor

I find that the Aimee Kestenberg bags come closest to meeting my ideal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Flatbush - I'm all over the place, but if I had to name one that fits MY needs best and that I never want to part with, I would say Harvey's Seatbelt bags. I prefer the medium or large tote, which was a lot easier to get when I found my first one at the beach over 25 years ago. 

It's hard to get them these days. You have to be online at a certain time when they release them. And they don't feature my favorite totes that much any longer. I have quite a few in plain colors and some that are mixed colors. This is the one I've been carrying for St. Patrick's Day. I haven't changed to another yet!

IMG_2823.jpeg

I like feet on my bag, and I like durability. It has to have a privacy pocket inside and a pocket that will fit my phone. I like other inside pockets. The inside liner has to be nice. 

The best thing about these bags is they can get wet, and at least for me, everything inside will stay dry. If I get dirt or mud, or a spot of something else, on the outside I use a little Dawn and it comes right out.

I carry a lot of others, and I'm always trying new brands that intrigue me, but this is the one that I know will never let me down!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Flatbush   
I share your quest.  😄  
On the upside, when the "thing it lacks" starts to bother me, I can change to a different bag.  👜

Super Contributor

@beach-mom I love the seatbelt bags, and have purchased a few. They can be a little weighty, but are sturdy and almost indestructible.

Super Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Flatbush - I'm all over the place, but if I had to name one that fits MY needs best and that I never want to part with, I would say Harvey's Seatbelt bags. I prefer the medium or large tote, which was a lot easier to get when I found my first one at the beach over 25 years ago. 

It's hard to get them these days. You have to be online at a certain time when they release them. And they don't feature my favorite totes that much any longer. I have quite a few in plain colors and some that are mixed colors. This is the one I've been carrying for St. Patrick's Day. I haven't changed to another yet!

IMG_2823.jpeg

I like feet on my bag, and I like durability. It has to have a privacy pocket inside and a pocket that will fit my phone. I like other inside pockets. The inside liner has to be nice. 

The best thing about these bags is they can get wet, and at least for me, everything inside will stay dry. If I get dirt or mud, or a spot of something else, on the outside I use a little Dawn and it comes right out.

I carry a lot of others, and I'm always trying new brands that intrigue me, but this is the one that I know will never let me down!  Smiley Happy

those bags look great!  unfortunately, no colors that interest me at the moment, but i will be checking in occasionally!!  thanks for posting, first time i heard of them!  Love that they are made in USA!!  

i have a new love of Aimee K. bags!!  just love her style!  more modern with an edge and leathers are pliable, unlike P.N. & D&B which are hard and heavy!  have been picking up the 'as is', and all have been perfect!  

for a more utilitarian use, IHKWIP, has been my go-to.  have several styles and colors and have been pleased with them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. I only carry a small crossbody anymore. I've never carried a tote or anything larger. Some crossbodies can hold a lot and work for me (I only carry keys, credit card case, phone, sunglasses and a Chapstick on a daily basis) and some not so much even though they are roughly the same size. 

Respected Contributor

I know Dooneys are too heavy for a lot of people, but I got a Dooney Zip Zip Satchel in black (tan trim) last fall...and I am more contented with this bag than any other I've ever had!

It has handles that fall to the side, a shoulder strap for the rare times I need one, it has feet, it's not too big or too small for me--and it's beautiful! I don't change bags, so the black/tan was important to me. It goes with most everything in my wardrobe, unless I'm wearing white shoes/sandals (not often), and then I just carry it anyway!

Honored Contributor

It seems ridiculous all I need in a bag now. Not enough pockets and I have to go bigger..too many pockets and I forget which pocket I put something in! My ideal size is about 14" by 11" (give or take an inch or two) with one long zipper compartment on the outside and one on the inside with at least a 13" shoulder drop that can be adjusted to cross body. Can you tell, I've thought this out thoroughly! I had it once....can't find it again. 

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush When my kids/grandsons were younger I had to have a bigger bag to carry all of the supplies.

Now my perfect bag is the Lug Small Crossbody w Tote Handles F26668.

I have been carrying mine in olive green for a few years.

On free shipping day I ordered the Amber.

My Olive one is still as good as new, but a new color seemed fun for summer.

It's small but holds all my things & they are organized enough that I can find what I need.