Respected Contributor

Backyard visitors

[ Edited ]

We have a lot of birds around.  A pair of pheasants are here daily.  Here is the male strutting his stuff.  He is a handsome dude.

Apologies for picture quality.  Photos taken through the window.

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Beautiful guy! Your photos are great. Taking them through the window did not affect their beauty. Maybe the pheasant will decide to stay.with you. We are fortunate you captured his visit and could share it with us.

Honored Contributor

They are beautiful. That must be thrilling to see them!

What great pictures and thank you

@Lilysmom1.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness - he is so beautiful!  We don't get pheasants where I live now but we did have them where I grew up.  Miss them - thank you for sharing!

Valued Contributor
That is so cool! Never seen a pheasant in my area. 😕
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1  Great pictures! They no longer stock ring-necks in our area, so I have not seen one in years. Sixty years ago, you couldn't walk out into the field without hearing from them. They make a very distinctive sound.

Honored Contributor

Re: Backyard visitors

[ Edited ]

He seems to know that he's  very handsome.   We don't have pheasants in New Mexico but I do see Mr. and Mrs. Quail and, if lucky, their family of darling, fuzzy babies trailing behind.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

We have a lot of birds around.  A pair of pheasants are here daily.  Here is the male strutting his stuff.  He is a handsome dude.

Apologies for picture quality.  Photos taken through the window.

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

Beautiful!! I have turkeys.

Respected Contributor

Such a handsome fellow!

Excellent picture, thank you so much for sharing. Your yard looks very welcoming.

Esteemed Contributor

Buzz here is about sightings of an albino robin (or two).  I have seen it a couple of times, not all white like shown online. But white crest and wing tips.