Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

@Skezeldog wrote:

So nice to see you back!  I have missed you on AM Style threads.  Hope surgery is successful.  Know there are great advantages to working from home, but do you miss picking out outfits and dressing up?  I'm retired and don't buy much anymore, but do miss putting outfits together, shoes, jewelry, clothes.  I still do to run errands, go to church or rare social events.  Liked the challenge of finding new ways to put what I had together.  

@Skezeldog 

Thank you!

My job is hybrid, so generally I go in two-three times a month.  I take the train/metro, so it takes me two hours each way.  I try to avoid it when possible but I do like getting dressed up on those days.

Honored Contributor

New kitty that we adopted this summer.

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

I'm doing good @lolakimono . Thanks for asking.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

As soon as I saw your name on the list of posters, I went straight there !  Missed reading your posts and ideas very much.

Thank you for being able to post such an informative and lengthy post with the hand / wrist disability.  Rest assured that healing thoughts and prayers will be with you during and after the procedure. 

Rather than keystroking is there a voice-activated way to post for you ???

Be well 🙏🏻 🦋 🌹 🏅💙

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono So good to see you, I'm sorry about your Mom and I hope she is doing ok now. Best wishes for your surgery.

I wish you would stay around here but I understand if you can't. You would contribute so much as you always did.

I work two jobs, neither one involves fashion. I get to dress up for them, has to be professional/conservative. Nothing in my life has changed for the better, unfortunately.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Trusted Contributor

Good to see you back here, @lolakimono    You have been busy, to say the least.  
Nothing much new in fashion, but the big news is that I retired as of last July from my 36 year teaching career. I was on the fence until the principal wanted me to move upstairs to teach a different grade level. I have been on the same classroom for all 36 years and he wants to move me now?! No thanks. I'm so glad I left because I saw the writing on the wall in my building and district. Too much drama.

I am deliriously happy with my decision as I qualified for an early retirement with a pension and free health benefits. Life is good!

I hope you'll continue to come to these boards even occasionally if you can.

Take care of yourself and I hope your mom is doing well.

Honored Contributor

I so loved seeing your daily outfits.  You have been missed and I hope things are much better and even better things coming your way.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lolakimono my goodness you have had your hands full. Wishing you well with your surgery and hope that you have a full recovery.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono Welcome back!  I hope your surgery goes well and you can get back to doing things you enjoy!  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@lolakimono 

As soon as I saw your name on the list of posters, I went straight there !  Missed reading your posts and ideas very much.

Thank you for being able to post such an informative and lengthy post with the hand / wrist disability.  Rest assured that healing thoughts and prayers will be with you during and after the procedure. 

Rather than keystroking is there a voice-activated way to post for you ???

Be well 🙏🏻 🦋 🌹 🏅💙

@jlkz 

I type a lot for my job, but it's mostly the clicking of the mouse that tends to do me in after a long day.

Thank you for the warm thoughts and prayers.