Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you dress up for church on Easter?

I remember as a kid having to dress up for Easter and go to church and I always hated it. Still won't dress up to this day. I haven't been to church since 1967 at my fathers funeral. Not gonna start now. 

Respected Contributor

IMG_0073.jpg

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess

We lways dressed up too, but today I've noticed people don't  do it so much.

That picture is adorable. Which one is you? Big sister or little sister? 

Trusted Contributor

I don't attend church now, but I remember for Easter my mom would buy my sister and I a frilly dress, gloves, hat, lacy socks and patent leather shoes to wear to Sunday School, we couldn't wait to come home and look for our Easter baskets and take off those scratchy clothes!

Super Contributor

We don't participate in organized religion anymore. We just enjoy our small family getting together.

Honored Contributor

@bestday wrote:

@Icegoddess

We lways dressed up too, but today I've noticed people don't  do it so much.

That picture is adorable. Which one is you? Big sister or little sister? 

@bestday I was the little one.

Honored Contributor

We longer dress up for church. Very few do anymore. Even the pastor dresses down and we attend a large Baptist church. A far cry from when I was a little girl.

Respected Contributor

We always dressed up back in the day.  Always dressed my daughter up and grand daughter too.    I like to dress up for church.  I will wear something nice but have not decided what yet.  I have plenty to choose from.  Still chilly out but I will layer and something in spring like colors too.  

Honored Contributor

When I was a child I would dress up for Easter.  Mom would make some of the clothes but it was my decision to either wear a dress or a suit or a coat depending on when Easter was that year.

Haven't dressed up for Easter in decades and as others have said no longer attend Sunday mass.  But when I did there was no dress code and jeans and shorts in summer are frequently seen in our cathedral in Chicago.

Honored Contributor

one of my most favorite churches was right on campus.

we had "come as you are" services at 5pm on a sunday.

there was a wide range of clothing and everyone really did just come as they were. it was a wonderful priest who always said how happy he was we were all there and that GOD did not care how you looked sitting there joining in and being together.

we would be there for the service and then a bunch of us would go to the campus dining hall afterwards.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein