Super Contributor

wind and rain storm coming to Seattle anytime now...

It is so still and warm at this moment.... you can feel the tension in the air.. should hit at anytime.

Respected Contributor

Re: wind and rain storm coming to Seattle anytime now...

Very gusty winds where I live right now.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: Very gusty winds where I live right now.

I am in Renton and it is SO STILL not a hint of wind YET.

Respected Contributor

gazelle, it's been windy here for about three hours. The wind warning says to expect gusts of 60mph all day!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Regular Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: Very gusty winds where I live right now.

Discovery Bay, raining but no winds.....yet. Hope it stays that way. I don't much care for the wind. I'm always waiting for a tree to come down on my house! Been very lucky so far over the years!

Respected Contributor

Townsend, I don't have big trees near my.house, but I'm always thinking about losing power because of trees falling on power lines. We've lost power because a squirrel jumped on a line at the substation and killed himself AND our power! I hope your trees stay up. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Townsend - I'm on the east coast - live in rural area at the foothills of the mountains and my home sits in the middle of a forest of trees. We had your weather about a week ago and I did not sleep very well that night - all I could think about was a tree crashing thru the roof or no power.

If there is a wide power outage, we, living in the more rural areas are always last at getting power restored. Longest we ever were w/o power was 10 days. I have a generator and transfer switch and can live with little disruption but keeping a gas supply, etc is such a pain. Generator/switch were bought and installed as a security and with hope of rarely needing it and in 4 years it's been used much more than I had hoped.

Respected Contributor

I.just heard that north Puget Sound is expected to get the worst winds. That's us. Smiley Happy Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and dry.
Super Contributor

Well, it rained and got windy for about a half hour.....now it is very still, not raining and the sun is trying to peek out....very odd.....
Respected Contributor

It's sunny.now and the wind has died down! But it's supposed to start up again.later.