Respected Contributor

Re: Who is watching the CMA's ? Spoilers

On 11/5/2014 luvmyteddy said:
On 11/5/2014 scotttie said:

I am a big Doobie Bros. fan oo but why on a COUNTRY awards show???? I'd much rather see an old timer country group or singer. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

You got me. Kind of like ZZ Top who I saw too, what kind of music was that?

Why does Blake always have puffy eyes, is that from drinking, he's too young for bags.

I think he is working really hard. The Voice, his recording, touring, flying all over to be able to see Miranda.

Danielle Bradbury said he isn't really drinking on The Voice, it is not alcohol in his glass.

Super Contributor

Thanks HisElk, I am doing better. What a great show, Vince Gill is such a class act and I was happy that Luke got Entertainer of the Year. I always liked the Doobie Bros. and Michael McDonald. I was a child in the 70's but hearing that music gives me lots of fond memories. Another great CMA show, good entertainment.

Super Contributor

((((Hugs Jules))))..... It is so good to see you. I keep you in my prayers. I'm sorry to hear you were sick. Who took care of your sweet girl while you were in the hospital? Oh I bet she missed you!

Continue to heal and visit more often, my sweet friend,{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

I am a big Doobie Bros. fan too but why on a COUNTRY awards show???? I'd much rather see an old timer country group or singer. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

scottie, the Doobie Bros. and various country artists did an album of their hits together.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show. Lots of great music.

Jules, continued good health thoughts coming your way. Glad you are feeling better. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I believe they were trying to do a lot of cross-over music/collaborations at the awards last night. That's why we saw the Doobie Brothers, Meghan Trainor with Miranda Lambert and Arianna with Little Bit Town.

Personally, I was disappointed in that because I am beyond tired of the songs All About That Bass and Bang, Bang and thought I was tuning in to country. LOL Now they are stuck in my head again.

I absolutely loved when they did the quarantine song about that nurse. In fact Brad and Carrie are just hilarious anyhow. When he came out with the cheese doodles in the baby carrier, I was cracking up.

I read that it was a real gender reveal of Carrie's baby last night as she's not said before if she was having a boy or girl. It's been on several news outlets. Obviously it was planned and set up but it was cute.

Respected Contributor

Love, love, love Brad and Carrie. They truly should have a sitcom but Lord knows, they don't have the time. The best concert I have ever seen was Brad Paisley's. Ever. A true complete performer.

And I was very happy to see Luke Bryan win. Smile

Respected Contributor

Poor Keith. He's sweet, I just think Blake has the ultimate talent.

I jumped up and clapped when Blake mentioned Earl Thomas Conley. He mentions him in his song "Good Country Song".

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yes, well Blake is the all American boy, tall, good looking. Keith Urban, who I love, is not so much. Just saying.................

Blake & Miranda seem to be the "golden country couple"! They always winSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 qvcfreak said:
On 11/5/2014 croemer said:

Dang...missed the 1st 16 minutes. grrrrrrrr

Here you go Croemer...

http://www.toofab.com/2014/11/05/cma-awards-carrie-underwood-brad-paisley-taylor-swift-jokes

Oh I owe you biggggggggggg...TY! Off to watch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 11/6/2014 dmod nj said:

I am a big Doobie Bros. fan too but why on a COUNTRY awards show???? I'd much rather see an old timer country group or singer. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

scottie, the Doobie Bros. and various country artists did an album of their hits together.

Ahhh. Okay, makes some sense now, thank you. Still, personally, I would have rather they dug up old time country bands instead of the Doobie Bros.