Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is responsible for this Over 50 movement?

Two days ago I got the QVC flyer on the 50 thing. I was hoping there was a coupon in there, but no such luck. It just was a promo for the event, with statements from some of the 50+ women about what being over 50 meant to them. So stupid in my opinion. Like someone else said, I bet some of these hosts thought this was dumb too, but dared not speak up and put their jobs on the line. How old is Leah Williams? Maybe she was given a pass as being too classy for this nonsense.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

This must of cost Q a fortune with sending everyone (hosts, models & crew) to Vegas & sending out those flyers which they could of posted on their website.  

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Caffeina,

Now I'm really confused!

I can go to QVC facebook which is public, and there are videos and talk about the age of possibility and over 50 etc.

But that other long post said QVC is introducing a new facebook page-"Over 50 and Fabulous."I see that is private.

And then there is another "Over 50 and Fabulous" facebook page with all the bible quotes that is not private, and is not QVC's.

Oh I see, there are 2 with that title-one is QVC's and private and the other is an established "Over 50 and private." that is public.

OK, I get it. I think. 

A couple of days ago I saw a post from someone who was upset that a Facebook post of hers was liked by one of her friends who was not in QVC's Over 50 & Fabulous! group. I wonder if she's in the public non-QVC Over 50 and Fabulous group and that's what her friend saw.

Regular Contributor

Hearts 41 says it all . Perfect!
Honored Contributor

Just thinking that all of these types of shows are tax 'write-offs'.

I don't know anything about anything corporate financial, only guessing that some corporations need to 'balance out' their various financial statistics.

They may want to 'over-spend' in this particular department.  There is a reason somewhere that they are on this path.

'All in all', I'm enjoying their visit to Las Vegas. 

Love the QVC lighted sphere! 

'If I were 'them', I'd want to keep it there permanantly.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

This Over 50 movement is a total dud. It has consumed their homepage and it pops up everywhere. Insufferable IMO. Hoping the next "theme" is better than this; it almost has to be.

Occasional Contributor

This show felt like we were the B list guests at a big party. Look at us - we are having fun! Rita Wilson is here! Martha Stewart (a felon) is here! Taylor’s future mother in law and Bradley Cooper’s mother….all here! But alas…you viewer are not here….no promo codes; no customer involvement in the flow of things…in a bid to be inclusive they annoyed us. By the way - Mally is lovely but 10,000 photos of her on social talking about how this changed her life…hard no.
Respected Contributor

If QVC wanted to involve their customers in their 50 and Fabalous hijinks they could have raffled off a couple of tickets to Vegas to their most loyal customers.
Valued Contributor

My thoughts are it's not going to be all that and then some, a big dud is right. I watched Kim's show in full, recorded the others and only watched until Shawn talked about her very large I mean large people 😳 who cares,get some cream.
I left the Q's 50 and fabulous page,it was selfie and selfie there must have been thousands, some were accusing others of fake pictures. Then here come the posters begging for money to help with their rent SMH
Whomever is in charge over there needs to do their job in monitoring. I almost forgot Keanu Reeves was there liking my post LOL sure it was him!!!