Trusted Contributor

Re: Who is responsible for this Over 50 movement?

@Sooner 

Right?! Lifechanging! Woman Tongue

Valued Contributor

@JKLSCH - Oh my gosh, just like @shy bobcat, I burst out laughing after reading your post! 😆
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner. I agree with you 1000%. Well stated. The country is so divided now on so many issues. We are all human and we are all special. This division of groups always seem to declare, “I am XXXXXX, like it or not.” It just seems so “in your face”. ”The whole “ready or not, here I come,” mantra is such a turn off to me. Do your own thing and leave me out of it. I don’t have to hear all about you.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Caffeina,

Now I'm really confused!

I can go to QVC facebook which is public, and there are videos and talk about the age of possibility and over 50 etc.

But that other long post said QVC is introducing a new facebook page-"Over 50 and Fabulous."I see that is private.

And then there is another "Over 50 and Fabulous" facebook page with all the bible quotes that is not private, and is not QVC's.

Oh I see, there are 2 with that title-one is QVC's and private and the other is an established "Over 50 and private." that is public.

OK, I get it. I think. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

So happy to have had nothing to do with watching any of this. It sounds disguisting for most females of any age. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I find it kind of fun that the old Q is doing some new marketing and are making changes around here. I always laugh when folks complain that the Q is only about the money. Of course they are. They aren't the Salvation Army or Good Will. They are a for profit business, and it seems their profit is sinking in the past few years, so they are looking for better ways and markets to up their income. I have been here since they started. As an elderly lady I hate change. But in this case I agree the change is necessary. I wish them luck. I would miss them if they were gone, LOL. And I would miss all of the posters here.
Trusted Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

"Shawn explained that this is not about selling products"

Oh dear Lord.

I just can't with this blatant stupidity!

Consider the source. Stupidity is RIGHT.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JKLSCH Wow what a judgemental post. 

@JKLSCH wrote:

Just tuned in to QVC see what all the hype is over this over 50 promo.

Shawn and Mallory are on.  Shawn explained that this is not about selling products, it's to form a community.  A new movement.  Ok?????

So Shawn then goes into sharing 3 things that happened in the airport.  The 3rd thing was her sharing that she currently has a large hemorroid.

WTH?????

So, let me get this straight QVC.  You only get hemorroids over 50 years of age?

Who in their right mind wants to be part of this community?  

I think I have officially lost my mind.

Bye QVC.   Good luck with your new movement.

There was NOTHING JUDGEMENTAL about her post. Her comments were SPOT ON.

Respected Contributor

This whole concept has to be one of the most idiotic ideas the Q has ever had.  I miss the old QVC.  Now it is so childish, yelling, dancing, screaming, talking over each other.  Just obnoxious.  Why don't they concentrate on bringing us new designers, new products, better pricing and like HSN (which I am preferring a lot more these days) lots of free shipping and coupons.  They have one host at a time, they act like mature adults and it is such a pleasure to watch.  I have been a customer since day 1 and the Q just seems to be getting worse and worse.  Today I was in my car with the radio on and lo and behold an ad came on for thks stupid campaign for over 50.  I could not believe how much money they are spending on this. No wonder the prices are becoming unrealistic for polyester.

Respected Contributor

So they are not selling anything?  I don't understand this over 50 movement.