Honored Contributor

Re: Who is responsible for this Over 50 movement?

I cannot express how tired I am of companies touting things like this and tree planting instead of taking of their business and their customers.

Give me good products, good value and fair dealing and that will help my life way more than nonsense and corporate feel-goods like this that do nothing but insult their customers intelligence.

Valued Contributor

Watched  off and on during yesterday "Over 50 Shows "really  thought it was just a desperate move to try to get their stocks up,and  getting back many customers who are not buying as much as years ago ,maybe we aged but think many of us  got smarter along the way . With what I saw hosts talking loudly over the vendor or just talking among themselves like it was a girls (free) vacation for them.

Will take HSN or even Shop HQ host over this desperate group of host that were sent to Vegas.

And until they start selling hemorrhoid cream on the Q Shawn keep your medical issues to yourself.Next maybe we will be seeing a vendor on the Q selling Depends for hosts doing " Over 50 Shows."

Super Contributor

I don't watch QVC often and stopped completely for over ten years. It was the same thing: vacuum cleaners on Sunday, know-it-alls for gardens and cleaning, technology, and high priced jewelry items that I do not think wealthy people buy from TV. 

When I cruised by the channels I saw QVC was on and I stopped to see what had changed---well, everything. It's more of a 20 something show with clothes that are for 20 somethings, who know little of how to be appropriate and business like. I saw one hiding her wine behind an item on a shelf. The loud yelling, all talking at once and the older originals trying to fit in (Jane, David, Mary Beth, Rick and a few others still hanging on), are trying to be like the kids. After that brief visit to the channel, I stopped watching again. It's a chaotic zoo. 

I miss all the calm presentations and classy vendors like Judith Ripka, Barbara Bixby, Robert Lee Morris, Ecclessi watches, and a variety of beautiful handbags, to name a few. Not now, though. 

tea

Trusted Contributor

From LinkedIn:

qvc.png

Honored Contributor

@JKLSCH Who is Mallory, do you mean Mally. If you are going to compalin at least get the names right. 

@JKLSCH wrote:

Just tuned in to QVC see what all the hype is over this over 50 promo.

Shawn and Mallory are on.  Shawn explained that this is not about selling products, it's to form a community.  A new movement.  Ok?????

So Shawn then goes into sharing 3 things that happened in the airport.  The 3rd thing was her sharing that she currently has a large hemorroid.

WTH?????

So, let me get this straight QVC.  You only get hemorroids over 50 years of age?

Who in their right mind wants to be part of this community?  

I think I have officially lost my mind.

Bye QVC.   Good luck with your new movement.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I guess statements like these from

Annette and also from QVC stating ..."why being 50 is the new everything," (from their facebook page open to everyone even if not on facebook) is meant to be exciting or encouraging to watch.

What about everyone else who does not fall within this age group?!

Left on the shelf I guess. They are not as useful for sales. 

I can't understand how she and others can't see that this is a real turn off for many, including many over 50. It seems all kind of disingenuous.

Maybe newer people who have not watched much QVC these many years, will be intrigued and as QVC is hoping, will buy things. 

(even though those over 50, who by now are wise to the fact that $60-80 for a regular t-shirt made of polyester/spandex can be gotten so many other places for so so much less and arrive quicker w/ free shipping).

They are hoping they can bring in the ones who will feel they are part of a new friend/support group, discussing things together, who don't really care how much something costs if they do end up buying because they have discretionary or unlimited funds.

More power to them who enjoy watching and buying and also more power to the ones who aren't buying it (in more ways than one!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'd prefer the regular programming.  Not enjoying this new programming at all.  Sorry.

Valued Contributor

Some of the comments here were sooo funny.  I'm reading the posts while eating my oatmeal.  I nearly spit out my food at least twice with unexpected laughter. Sorry if this is TMI Smiley Happy  I do appreciate the more serious comments, just wasn't expecting to have a good laugh while reading.

Esteemed Contributor

I am over 50 and have ZERO interest in these types of QVC shows, especially if Mally or JT are involved.  I don't need support from QVC or some facebook group. 

What I do need is an online place to shop with quality items, consistent sizing, fair pricing, reasonable delivery and inexpensive return policies.  QVC is starting to fail on those points for me, especially now that they essentially took away price adjustments.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I finally checked out the 50 show and what did I find?  Malley, Shawn, Susan Graver and a loud mouth vendor all screeching like magpies over each other!!!  It was horrible.  Lasted about 3 min and couldn't understand what they were saying.