Honored Contributor

Re: When You Enter Someone's Home, What Do You Notice?

On 11/4/2014 wookie said: I wish I could burn scented candles. I can't use scent because of DH's allergies. I have to use scent free laundry detergent, too. When I clean his bathroom, I have to do it as soon as he leaves in the morning, and leave the bathroom fan on all day. I feel for anyone who suffers with allergies. It's no fun.

Hi wookie,

I wish I could burn scented candles too. I use scent free anything/everything I can find.

You are so right...not fun and limiting.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Frequent Contributor

I don't like a house that's full of clutter other than that it's not any of my business what people have in their homes I don't take everything in their homes and I don't like people that come into mine staring and taking everything in.

Respected Contributor

I would have to say smell.....I'm cursed with a hyper sense of smell......can't wear clothing or sleep on bedding that has been laundered in scented products ):
Valued Contributor

I would say the "tension" in the home or the lack thereof, meaning, I can tell if it's a relaxed and loving home or not...and secondly, scents and clutter.
Honored Contributor

The broken glass on the floor from the window I broked into.

Valued Contributor

On 11/4/2014 brewhaha said:

The broken glass on the floor from the window I broked into.

Valued Contributor

Lol! Love it!
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/4/2014 croemer said:

Neatness

quality of the workmanship

style of furniture

color scheme

lay-out of the home

This.

We had the opportunity to see our friends' new house recently. Oh my goodness, four of my homes could fit in that house! But I immediately took note of the layout of certain rooms and was mentally changing locations, wondering why certain finishes were chosen, odd shaped walk-in master suite closet, and the list goes on.

I know I am freaky about a place for everything and everything in its place. But I can be taken aback by people owning big, beautiful homes yet they can't seem to rid themselves of the clutter!

Esteemed Contributor

Scents and cleanliness, order next. I don't care about how others decorate or the 'style' as that is their business.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

It would all depend on the house. Maybe a cute, friendly dog; interesting artwork; gorgeous floors or furniture; reading matter on the table; music playing; fishy odor or catbox stink; whatever hits my eye first.