Valued Contributor

Re: What's the smartest decision you have ever made in your life?

Determination regardless of how poor I am or how much money I have, that I can find a way weekly to do one good deed for a person(s).    I have done so now for over 20 years that is just come naturally and easy to find someone or a group to help.  It does NOT have to cost money!!  Time spend with an elderly person with no relatives is a great way to start this if anyone is interested.  The local nursing home will work with you on finding you a patient that does not have visitors.   Just one example and there are many more that we can do to make the life of someone much richer and happier.

Esteemed Contributor

Leaving California...wish I had done it sooner...never looked back.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

When my sister and her husband passed away, their 2 boys became part of our family.  Instantly our son had the brothers he always wanted. (one older, one younger)  Almost 20 years later, all 3 boys have their own families.  In addition to the 4 children our son and DIL have, we have 7 additional Grands thanks to our nephews and their wives.  The older ones are now at an age that they love hearing stories about their Grandmother and me growing up.

Honored Contributor

Listening to my mom's advice.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hmmm, there are a few.....

Working to help put my husband through college.

Having only one child. That was the best decision for us. 

Continuing to learn to use the computer.  I am well behind the rest of the world, lol but I'm learning. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@INDIANA BONES............from NAES

___________************

Hello Moroco, 

I post for very few quality subjects, and reply was in the Top Answers, To _have the ability to be intelligent enough to *Get* out of yourself and show the beauty in what one single person can do for someone else. 

You are a shining star in my soul to unselfishly bring absolute LOVE , being a companion to another, even for a few hours. 

I have a memory that (usually) can 'not' forget names, subjects/contents...et cetra, but I do know you. Your posts are to th point, never chit chatty or borIng. wholesomely, to say the most!

I am so proud of anyone who never forgets the tossed 'ones' put in nursing facilities. 

Most of today's society have no room in their lives to be bothered by an elderly or forgotten person who at one time was full of life with hopes and dreams- full of vigor.

They, the nursing home patients who have no one /family/neighbor to take the time to come and visit...any degree of tokenism to say "I care"! How do I know this? I do visit patients, shut-a-ways. I see this all of this quite frequently, when I make involution surprise investigation rounds: ro:

a medical teaching instructor and a good Samaritan. 

I will salute you, even if not one person reads this. 

You, my dear, are one of the *GOOD ONES*

God bless Moroco and other loving people in this world like her!

NAES.....all the way

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Determination regardless of how poor I am or how much money I have, that I can find a way weekly to do one good deed for a person(s).    I have done so now for over 20 years that is just come naturally and easy to find someone or a group to help.  It does NOT have to cost money!!  Time spend with an elderly person with no relatives is a great way to start this if anyone is interested.  The local nursing home will work with you on finding you a patient that does not have visitors.   Just one example and there are many more that we can do to make the life of someone much richer and happier.

Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

Making a phone call and turning a

No, I won't go out with you -  into a  -

Yes , I would love to! Smiley Happy

**************************************************************************************************

This makes no sense to me.  Who said what?  Why would you say "No", if you then decided to say "yes"????   There is something missing IMO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a high school drop out, furthering my education ranks high. Got my GED around age 40, finalized with a BS in Accounting at age 52. Hard work and thanks to the support of DH and my kids. 

Honored Contributor

NOT marrying my ex-fiancee.

Valued Contributor

Aside from my husband and boys, it would have to be, hands down, buying a lottery ticket!