Honored Contributor

What Do You Expect After 50? Just Curious

All this talk about fabulous after 50 made me look back and reflect on how life was for me at 50 and what I was thinking about. Was it hard for you?  Did you feel pressed to deal with more than you could do?  We did!  

We were worried about the remaining folks in our family who were passing away and about the houses we had to clean and market for them and the estates we settled after they passed and of course their care.  That was the biggest issue along with maintaining jobs and looking at finances toward retirement.  And we were fortunate to have that to consider. 

We saw friends, had company, went to ballgames and seemingly endless events for work we had to attend.  Hubby traveled a lot, we tried to squeeze in one short vacation a year.  

But our focus was not on us or being fabulous.  It was hard, stressful, sad and a time to do more in life than you had time to do--which continued into our 60's and even until now at times.  

I can't imagine having the time to have worried about fabulous at that stage of life.  And now that I'm really old, no pressure to be fabulous!  Lucky me?

You bet!  I can still get around and have most of my wits Woman Embarassed.  I'd say that's fabulous.  

Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Expect After 50? Just Curious

Just my opinion, but I think it's a bunch of bull.

Super Contributor

Let's face it, it's a marketing ploy.  Nothing more.  

Honored Contributor

My husband died.    That sorta sums it up.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I'm very sorry for your loss @Desertdi 

Regular Contributor

it's marketing and they will be selling the same boring things. It's also a change of tune for QVC, which I find rather amusing. Rather than chasing the younger customer who has little interest in QVC or its products QVC has now turned back to what's always been it's primary audience.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner My life after 50 sounds similar to yours. I'm taking care of older family members who need assistance. I'm still working full time which is fine with me because honestly I like having something to concentrate on other than worrying about family.

Being a caregiver takes up a lot of time so unfortunately that means I don't have as much time as I had hoped to spend with friends and do fun things. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For people in the workplace, trying to get or stay ahead, appearance is super important.  Don't let the casual attire fool you.  

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Sooner My life after 50 sounds similar to yours. I'm taking care of older family members who need assistance. I'm still working full time which is fine with me because honestly I like having something to concentrate on other than worrying about family.

Being a caregiver takes up a lot of time so unfortunately that means I don't have as much time as I had hoped to spend with friends and do fun things. 

@GinaV24     I understand what you are going through,    I took care of my elderly mother (who had dementia and didn't even know who I was) for 12 years.    I was also working "graveyard" during that time.     

May G*d  bless you for your kindness and caring.     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@pinkcrystal wrote:

Let's face it, it's a marketing ploy.  Nothing more.  

Well said....

Seems maybe at least 10 years when they started getting rid of all of the heading towards 50 well spoken, intelligent hosts and catering to a new generation of buyers  it really was the beginning of the fall of Q.

Now they are just trying to win us old buyers back.  Can't buy into it as much as I respect some of the the listed ambassadors.  I will buy when the  good pricing,   product  and service is what it used to be.