Honored Contributor

Re: Twitter explodes as Calvin Klein says THIS is ‘plus size’

On 11/10/2014 BRANDONLEE said:
On 11/8/2014 september said:

It seems to me that the model, herself, even admits to being a bigger girl. yes, she is, and she's also very attractive. I don't see the problem with acknowledging that she's big for a model?

She's earning a living (I'll bet it's a good one) and she must be happy about that.

Are you sick?????????This girl is nowhere in being a plus size model.Elle is a plus size model who is way bigger than this girl.She may be referencing herself in saying she is bigger than a normal model because they are all skeletons.And for you to say you are smaller than her for your age then maybe you should eat a sandwich.

This is unnecessary. And why is it okay for you to tell someone they need to eat a sandwich but it wasn't okay with you for September to give her opinion?

Honored Contributor

As an aside, just because someone is a pear shape (although it has been posted that this model is not), doesn't mean they are overweight or a plus size.

Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

She looks pretty darn perfect to me. Not skinny or too thin, just perfect. I don't know if it says what size she but she looks to be about an 8 or 10 at the most.

i'm not that short and i have the same body as this girl and i am a size 2-4.My friend is 5'10 and looks bigger than this girl and is a size 10.I am guessing this girl is smaller.

I read an article on CNN that says she's a size 10. That's a great size.

Super Contributor

She looks pretty darn perfect to me. Not skinny or too thin, just perfect. I don't know if it says what size she but she looks to be about an 8 or 10 at the most.

i'm not that short and i have the same body as this girl and i am a size 2-4.My friend is 5'10 and looks bigger than this girl and is a size 10.I am guessing this girl is smaller.

Maybe you are right but in the picture she looks smaller.

Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 LipstickDiva said:

As an aside, just because someone is a pear shape (although it has been posted that this model is not), doesn't mean they are overweight or a plus size.

I never said she was overweight. However, if you google her name, her thighs are large in proportion to her waist. She is most definitely a pear shape and in an interview she described herself that way.

Personally, I think she looks beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

They talked about this story this morning on Today. The funny thing is, the original story is incorrect in that Calvin Klein NEVER said the model was "plus sized." The story linked here is incorrect.

As frequently happens, people give into sensationalism and react without waiting for the full story. {As usual, people's reputations and images get damaged as we rush to judgment.

Honored Contributor

On 11/10/2014 Burnsite said:

Some women who are not fat are big boned--with large frames. Look at the shoulders on that woman. She is terrific looking, and she has a frame that is not petite. The things people will pick a fight about. I was not using it as a euphemism for overweight but as a synonym for a woman with a larger frame. One of my nieces is six feet tall and yet very narrow and slender. She isn't big boned even though she is tall.

I agree with you, Burnsite.

If you google other photos of her it shows that she does indeed have a bigger frame than the waiflike runway models, or even the more "normal" models.

She has a real hourglass shape, a large bust, small waist, hips to match the bustline.

She's really beautiful.

Honored Contributor

On 11/10/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 11/10/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I never said she was overweight. However, if you google her name, her thighs are large in proportion to her waist. She is most definitely a pear shape and in an interview she described herself that way.

Personally, I think she looks beautiful.

She might describe herself as a pearshape (women do often see themselves differently than others do) but she has an upper body, bust included, to match her hips.

She's an hourglass.

And I agree she's beautiful.

Honored Contributor

If you're tall.

Not so much if you're short. I'm 5'6" and don't think size 10 would be great for me.

YMMV

Respected Contributor

On 11/11/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

If you're tall.

Not so much if you're short. I'm 5'6" and don't think size 10 would be great for me.

YMMV

It's going to depend on how you carry it. At 5' 2 1/2" size 10 is pretty perfect for me. I can even do a size 12 and have it look.