Super Contributor

Re: Twitter explodes as Calvin Klein says THIS is ‘plus size’

On 11/10/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Years ago I was on vacation and wandered into a very ritzy Japanese store and asked about a dress that was really nicely tailored.

The prices tags were in Japanese so I asked the price .... the lovely petite Japanese clerk asked what size I was ..... come to find out, the price on the tag was for only up to size 8 ...... beyond that, the price went up because of "all the extra material needed to make a bigger dress" !!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I still find that mind boggling ....

Garment designers and manufacturers do that with most garments but usually it's in the plus sizes. Wedding dresses especially.

Respected Contributor

Calvin Klein's clothing are sized on the vanity sizing scale. If the model is a size 10 in CK she may be a size 14 in other lines.

Have you ever seen CK bras? they start at 32A and the largest is 38D.

Honored Contributor

On 11/10/2014 Burnsite said:

She's a great looking bigger-boned woman. "Plus" size in terms of designer goods is less affected by the vanity-sizing practiced in ready-to-wear.

She looks like a size 10 or so to me, and perfectly fit for her body type.

"Big Boned"...I remember Back in the day, Susan Powter laughing about that. Big Boned is just another way of saying 'fat'. Also, another pet peeve of mine is the word "bulky" in reference to working out...it's not muscle..it's the layer of fat on top of those muscles making you "bulky"...or maybe 'big boned'!

Esteemed Contributor

She is big for a model these days but she is beautiful and looks amazing IMO.

Honored Contributor

That bombshell made twitter explode.

Super Contributor

On 11/10/2014 sidsmom said:
On 11/10/2014 Burnsite said:

She's a great looking bigger-boned woman. "Plus" size in terms of designer goods is less affected by the vanity-sizing practiced in ready-to-wear.

She looks like a size 10 or so to me, and perfectly fit for her body type.

"Big Boned"...I remember Back in the day, Susan Powter laughing about that. Big Boned is just another way of saying 'fat'. Also, another pet peeve of mine is the word "bulky" in reference to working out...it's not muscle..it's the layer of fat on top of those muscles making you "bulky"...or maybe 'big boned'!

I knew many girls in HS who claimed to be big boned, and years later and minus 50 lbs. turns out they are teeny tiny women.

Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 songbird said:

Plus size to me for a woman is 300 lbs plus for 5'4"" and over. And at least 200 lbs for under 5""4"". 350 lbs and over is morbid obesity at the very least. The human body can only carry so much weight and stay healthy. I consider that Calvin Klein model about 130-140 lbs which is about average. I don't consider trim for a model though. I'm skinny at 110 lbs on a 5'4"" frame. I might be a tad big for a hollywood thin. A hollywood actress would be 105lbs on a 5'4"" frame.

Somebody call in the deer!!!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Now moving Calvin Klein into the idiot column.
Respected Contributor

Some women who are not fat are big boned--with large frames. Look at the shoulders on that woman. She is terrific looking, and she has a frame that is not petite. The things people will pick a fight about. I was not using it as a euphemism for overweight but as a synonym for a woman with a larger frame. One of my nieces is six feet tall and yet very narrow and slender. She isn't big boned even though she is tall.

Super Contributor

On 11/10/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

She looks pretty darn perfect to me. Not skinny or too thin, just perfect. I don't know if it says what size she but she looks to be about an 8 or 10 at the most.

i'm not that short and i have the same body as this girl and i am a size 2-4.My friend is 5'10 and looks bigger than this girl and is a size 10.I am guessing this girl is smaller.