Honored Contributor
On 11/5/2014 missyw1 said:
On 11/5/2014 brii said:

She's paying $7000 for storage units and is renting a home for $10,000 a month - that's ridiculous.

WOW! She learned hoarding from her Mom.

I think Candy is a collector more than just a hoarder. She did sell quite a few things at auction - dolls and paintings.

She can afford her things though. Tori can't.

Honored Contributor

I heard that about her storage units but the story I heard was that she had 200+ and she has a list that is over 400 pages listing everything in those units and which unit everything is in. Not sure where they got their info.

It was also on radaronline about a year ago that she has 3 nannies for her 4 children. Not sure how true that is.

Tori is a wreck and needs to get off tv and get her life together, if not for herself than for her children.

I have no sympathy for her situation with Dean. What did she expect? If he'll cheat with you, he'll cheat on you!

Esteemed Contributor

It boggles my mind that anyone would go on TV and put all their dirty laundry out there!

Respected Contributor
On 11/5/2014 Ilovehummingbirds said:

I can't believe how rich her dad was that he never really took care of her and she had to do everything on her own. How rude is that in my opinion. Parents bring you into the world and they should take care of you. I was not taken care of.........I had to do it on my own........but when you are rich and don't help your children it is crazy to me. What a selfish dad and mother.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Yes, your parents bring you into the world and should take care of you as a child, but when you are an adult, you have to be responsible and take care of yourself, no matter how well off your parents are. Helping once in a while is one thing, but just giving them everything isn't really helping them. Nothing wrong with having to do things on your own.

Super Contributor

However you dissect it, it's still pretty cr@ppy of the old man Spelling to do that to his heirs. Who cares if he gave her a job on 90210 or that she is a spender, there's no excuse for it. None, IMO.

Honored Contributor

It was heavily rumored for one thing that Tori had a drug problem. Why would a parent give a child money for something like that?

I don't understand this idea that parents are obligated to give their children anything. He is the one that worked and earned the money. It's his to do with what he wants.

If I was that rich and knew my child had the problems Tori has, I don't know that I'd be willing to give my hard earned money to someone who was just going to pizz it away either.

And how do you know how Tori treated her parents? Maybe she is the rude and selfish one.

Esteemed Contributor

I would think there would be a way for Candy to help her daughter besides just giving her the money outright. Perhaps some sort of financial POA or conservatorship. I would definitely help my daughter but not Dean.

Super Contributor

Parents do not OWE their children anything. You give them what they need to become functional, productive people to make their own way in life. It is not the parents job to supply them with money, or to give them money.

Too many children expect to "get" when a parent passes... how selfish can those children be? You are given life, hopefully love, and guidance. That is all that a parent is required to do. Beyond that is up to each parent. Just because a parent does not lashish their child with wealth does not make the parent bad.

There are bad parents... there are bad children. Nothing is perfect.

Super Contributor

I don't know if it is true or not, but hasn't Candy said on a talk show that she bought them a house, and she pays for the kid's private schooling?

Even if that isn't true, I don't have a lot of sympathy for Tori. She has had all the privileges in the world, and she still can't make it on her own? Poor, poor Tori.

She wouldn't have had any of her jobs (and the $$$ put in her pocket from them) if it wasn't for her father. Much less the money she did get when her father died. When one spouse dies, they usually leave the balance of their money to the surviving spouse. Tori will probably get another nice payout when mama Spelling dies.

And I don't believe for a second that when Tori walked in to audition for a part in 90210 that no one knew who she was, and that she got the part based on her own acting abilities. That is just a sTori she tells people to make herself feel better about riding her father's coattails to success.

Honored Contributor

Surely they are making quite a bit of $$$$ on their reality show episodes. No matter how rich folks are, they must live within their means, it seems to me. Even billionaires must 'budget' their businesses, ventures, investments, earnings, etc. And let's not forget that the cost of living (homes, security, etc.) is very high in their area. One doesn't just buy a house for 80K, walk around outside, watering the front lawn, etc., in other words. A 80K house elsewhere is probably a million+ in their area.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).