Honored Contributor
On 11/1/2014 happy housewife said:

When ever anyone whines about the pain in their arm for days after getting a flu shot I just want to scream "OH GROW UP". The needle used to administer a flu shot is about the size of a hair. Good grief.

As a former nurse you should know that the size of the needle has nothing to do with the reaction to an injection.

My mom's arm has swollen up terribly, been very red and hot for days after she gets her flu shot. Some years the entire upper part of her arm is sore and inflamed for over a week.

I don't think that people mentioning this or questioning if it is normal should always garner this response from you.

Honored Contributor

DH and I got our flu shots in mid-October. No problem, not even a sore arm. We get our flu shots every year without fail. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I got a pneumonia booster shot from my doctor in mid-September.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor
On 11/6/2014 mominohio said:
On 11/1/2014 happy housewife said:

When ever anyone whines about the pain in their arm for days after getting a flu shot I just want to scream "OH GROW UP". The needle used to administer a flu shot is about the size of a hair. Good grief.

As a former nurse you should know that the size of the needle has nothing to do with the reaction to an injection.

My mom's arm has swollen up terribly, been very red and hot for days after she gets her flu shot. Some years the entire upper part of her arm is sore and inflamed for over a week.

I don't think that people mentioning this or questioning if it is normal should always garner this response from you.

That's pretty much what happened to me this exactly. I never, ever have reactions, but this was the 65+ one. Nasty!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all