Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah and Amazon Partnering for Her Annual My Favorite Things

@HappyDaze wrote:

Does she really have that much of a following that people will buy things just because Oprah likes them? Really?

Yes she does.

She bought shares of WW and the stock went sky high too.

Frequent Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I was just doing my daily snoop through Amazon Daily Deals and right on the Amazon front page is a video of Oprah announcing her partnership with Amazon and her annual My Favorite Things extravaganza.

Please check it out if you are a fan and are missing her annual show . . . Smiley Happy

Sometimes when I hear things like this, I think ------ don't they have enough money?  I know she gives to charities, but still she is pretty much made of gold even after being charitable.  

Trusted Contributor

@NevaehsMom58 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I was just doing my daily snoop through Amazon Daily Deals and right on the Amazon front page is a video of Oprah announcing her partnership with Amazon and her annual My Favorite Things extravaganza.

Please check it out if you are a fan and are missing her annual show . . . Smiley Happy

Sometimes when I hear things like this, I think ------ don't they have enough money?  I know she gives to charities, but still she is pretty much made of gold even after being charitable.  

I wouldn't begrudge anyone who for being successful, particularly if they are charitable.  If she weren't "made of gold," she wouldn't be able to be so charitable,  Good for her for being successful, and good for the charities who benefit from her generiosity.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

But Tennpal, the crabcakes would make great gifts for the postman, school bus driver, newspaper person, teacher and garbage collector.  

Hee hee!  Cat Tongue

Tennpal wrote:  I had to check out the crabcakes... $135 & $40 shipping? omg. for 8???

pass.

Honored Contributor

Sunshine Kate wrote:

But Tennpal, the crabcakes would make great gifts for the postman, school bus driver, newspaper person, teacher and garbage collector.  

Hee hee!  Cat Tongue

Tennpal wrote:  I had to check out the crabcakes... $135 & $40 shipping? omg. for 8???

pass.

Plus, you really should get some for your gift drawer!  Smiley Wink  How lovely would that be?

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Hey CB! 

Crabcakes for the gift drawer?  Hmmmm, sounds good.  How long do they keep in the gift drawer?  LOL