Honored Contributor

Re: Nurse on CNN Right Now...

On 10/26/2014 Caravaggio said: Funny they have a problem with quarantine but are OK with these people coming here and potentially infecting others and having businesses being forced to shutdown and spend money cleaning their places while they lose business. OK then the rights of one superseding the rights of many..

ITA...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 adelle38 said:
On 10/26/2014 ktlynam said:

Drama Queen.

An embarrassment to her profession.

Why? Because she believes in following medical guidelines not public opinion?

Exactly. A rep from Docs Without Borders was on Meet the Press and said the quarantines were without merit. Dr. FAUCI basically echoed her comments. I knew the ACLU was going to get involved. And they should be involved anytime freedoms are removed. There needs to be vetting for that and its not something to take lightly.
Honored Contributor

She makes it more likely that the quarantine will stand, not less.

And I don't believe that she was not understanding what was happening and being treated like a criminal. She knew exactly what was happening and why. She just didn't like it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

Drama Queen.

But aren't public health professionals supposed to serve the community?

</ Yes. They follow scientific, medically proven protocol, which in this case is different from public opinion.

Super Contributor

They risk great harm and perhaps their lives to go and work in these areas but 21 days to protect and preserve their fellow citizens it TOO much? Crazy.

To me . . . it seems an ounce of prevention sorta scenario would be worth a pound of cure especially AFTER seeing the tremendous suffering and death that took place where they are returning from.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 terrier3 said:

What an arrogant woman!

Candy Crowley pointed out that the NYC doctor didn't start showing symptoms or a fever for over a week and couldn't she understand why she would be quarantined to prevent the situation with the doctor (bowling, on subway, etc).

The nurse said, NO, she can't understand it and said it goes against medical protocol and is inhumane.

Publicity seeker, IMO.

And I agree. If she doesn't understand this it certainly makes me wonder about?

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Ford1224 said:

She makes it more likely that the quarantine will stand, not less.

And I don't believe that she was not understanding what was happening and being treated like a criminal. She knew exactly what was happening and why. She just didn't like it.

Exactly.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Respected Contributor

On 10/26/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

Drama Queen.

But aren't public health professionals supposed to serve the community?

</ Yes. They follow scientific, medically proven protocol, which in this case is different from public opinion.

Like it or not they have to listen to public opinion. They cannot be the source of fear. As time goes by I'm sure quarantine guidelines will change along with the public's perception of Ebola but for now it is what it is.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 croemer said:

Anyone heard this one?

The American Civil Liberties Union is demanding that Gov. Chris Christie provide more information to the public about how the state came to the conclusion that mandatory quarantine of healthcare workers was medically necessary, saying it has “serious constitutional concerns about the state abusing its powers.”

Well aren't they special.

Yes, they are special.

Her quarantine has been like jail. The woman was hungry and only given a granola bar. At last report, she still hasn't had a shower.

If Christie et al wants to quarantine medical staff, they should have done better than this.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 10/26/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 10/26/2014 croemer said:

Anyone heard this one?

The American Civil Liberties Union is demanding that Gov. Chris Christie provide more information to the public about how the state came to the conclusion that mandatory quarantine of healthcare workers was medically necessary, saying it has “serious constitutional concerns about the state abusing its powers.”

Well aren't they special.

Yes, they are special.

Her quarantine has been like jail. The woman was hungry and only given a granola bar. At last report, she still hasn't had a shower.

If Christie et al wants to quarantine medical staff, they should have done better than this.

This I agree with.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____