Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a setting like the old "My Activity" which was just a list

NickNack1 wrote:

In the Search box you can type your nickname and it will bring up the posts you've participated in.

that doesnt seem to work for me. it shows me the posts i started and whatever i hearted. it doesnt show me the threads i have participated in.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

When I click on my nickname, I'm also only getting my really old postings and not any of the ones I've made since this new forum started.  But I am getting the posts that I've 'hearted'.

I don't normally need to check my posting comments, but for now while I'm still pretty confused about this place it would really come in handy.

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

In the Search box you can type your nickname and it will bring up the posts you've participated in.

Thanks NickNack!  This did work for me.  It's not "My Activity" but it's a work around  that I really think I'll have to get used to.  Sometime tells me "My Activity" is not coming back...just a hunch...

Honored Contributor

good question Tia - I'm wondering the same thng myself.  Where oh where have all of my posts gone?  How do we find them?  I go back often to see if anyone responded to any questions or new topics I may choose to begin.  How and where do I do this now, anyon figure this out yet?

I don't like any of this. It's difficult to figure out and use.  I had to sign in with my gmail address 4 times before I could get anywhere.  And then the first two times I got the message to sign in with my correct email address.  After checking it each time I typed it to make sure it WAS correct (which it was) I then had to enter another 2 times!!! REALLY??!!

And they call this an improvement to the boards??!! 

Trusted Contributor

@kzjohnson wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

Thanks NickNack!  This did work for me.  It's not "My Activity" but it's a work around  that I really think I'll have to get used to.  Sometime tells me "My Activity" is not coming back...just a hunch...

Well...  I spoke too soon, It only works if your nickname is in the text of the post.  If it isn't it doesn't find it.  So for this to be a workaround that truly works, you would have to include a keyword or phrase with each of your posts that is unique to you.

This is just way too much work when we had a one click option in the old and unimproved software that showed all our replies.

Honored Contributor

I agree - way too much work.  I did the same thing by typing my call name in the search box above and got a mishmash of things I know I said but also stuff I knew nothing about, all with really old dates too, nothing up to date.  When I changed to see things even just a week ago, none or little of that was up to date/most recent.

I'm really bummed about all of this new setup.  Honestly, I probably won't be here to chat with you much at all anymore.  Too much of a hassle.  This kind of stuff gets on my nerves.  While I may have all the time in the world to check it out and GET this new stuff, I REALLY don't have all the time in the world, no more than many of you gals.

This is all so sad.  Not liking it and probably won't be  here checking in with what's on your minds.  I enjoy reading what's going on but not so much anymore. 

Honored Contributor

in case anyone is still having problems with accessing your RECENT history, here is a good explanation on how to see it. it was posted by @gardensla on another thread.

In the grey banner that says View All Forum Topics there is an empty box. 

Type in your name, then in the drop down menu next to it (the defaul is "community") select users.

This will pull up your info.

In that bunch of data, click on "posts" and you will see your entire user history for the past few days incuding your responses to the post originated by others.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

in case anyone is still having problems with accessing your RECENT history, here is a good explanation on how to see it. it was posted by @gardensla on another thread.

In the grey banner that says View All Forum Topics there is an empty box. 

Type in your name, then in the drop down menu next to it (the defaul is "community") select users.

This will pull up your info.

In that bunch of data, click on "posts" and you will see your entire user history for the past few days incuding your responses to the post originated by others.

Where does it say "posts"?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

faerie - so far I've only found posts that I've started.  I was upset about this yesterday because I couldn't find any of the posts that I participated in.

I had to let it go - they lost my June 2015 birds nest and back fence threads. 

Either I let them make me crazy or I start over.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

faerie - so far I've only found posts that I've started.  I was upset about this yesterday because I couldn't find any of the posts that I participated in.

I had to let it go - they lost my June 2015 birds nest and back fence threads. 

Either I let them make me crazy or I start over.  

Thanks, birdmama.

I just went over to blogs and found a new Q&A from the Q team.  It specifically addresses My Activity.  Apparently they are working on it.  When they finish, we should be able to click on our name for ALL of our activity, not just our original posts.  I think I may start a new thread about it because everyone seems to want to get that feature back.