Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a fool proof way to get pee smell out of the rug

I have also used the Don Aslett's X-O for kitty accidents of both kinds, and it really does help with odor.

We buy it by the gallon from a local pet store in our area. I use it all of the time for other cleaning and deodorizing jobs, too. It is a great odor neutralizer for other odors, too.

Respected Contributor

New rug after dog has gone. I have tried everything and some stuff does better than other but really nothing works.

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 mousiegirl said:

This is why I had hardwood floors installed. Old cats would pee, and then there is the wonderful upsied hairballs. Now no cats, but two pups, and if one has an accident, I just wipe it up.

My daughter also has wood floors and she says the pee soaks in the cracks between the boards and it still smells. You don't have that trouble?

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 little daisy said: My older dog is starting to pee in the house, he is a bigger dog and I used vinagar, baking soda regular carpet cleaner and still the smell stays. If you have had good luck with something please let me know.

Nature's Miracle. You get it at a pet store or online. The BEST! Squirt it on(saturate) and let it dry. The smell will be gone.

Contributor

I've tried several products mentioned here but the only thing I found that worked for us on both carpet and hard floors is the Febrese pet odor eliminator.