Honored Contributor

Re: Is ""adorable"" the new magic word? Does it open your wallet?

On 11/8/2014 Bird mama said:

I stopped by at a Kmart while running errands this morning and bought these two faux fur ornaments. I must admit - I thought they were adorable.

I agree with the proper use of the word! Cute would apply here too!

Honored Contributor

Once we hit mid-year and QVC's Christmas season starts Wink, I go from listening to hearing. Seriously, I see most of the hosts mouths moving and nothing is registering, even with the sound on {#emotions_dlg.scared}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

The only time I call anything adorable is a sweet puppy or kitty cat. Small children also come to mind. The last adjective I would want to be called as an adult woman is adorable.
Respected Contributor

To me, adorable is not a description an adult woman aspires to be. Describing something as adorable should be when discussing something for a child or at least a young teen. I'm waiting for pots and pans to be "adorable"!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/8/2014 luvingit said: I don't watch Q anymore after 15 yrs of watching. Don't like personal stories with tears. Or Serta beds. "Adorable"? No, that's silly.

I'll have to agree with you. There was a time that watching Q during the holidays meant I could find one or two unique items. It was fun and entertaining.

Now, I'd rather go out and use my new leaf blower.

It's over between me and QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 11/8/2014 brii said:

I say adorable a lot.

brii i use the word adorable also......i bet you ARE adorable when you say it.

does it make me open my wallet though?.......no.......nor does pretty much any other catch word they may be using other than FREE! FREE will get me sometimes. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thanks for responses--especially the ones that make me laugh. Good to know that I am not the only older one (over 9 years old) who isn't aspiring to be ""adorable!""