Honored Contributor

I am 65. I do remember though it was a big thing when we were younger for those buying their first homes!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I never had one.

DD just went to one a few weeks ago for a coworker who moved into an apartment.  She took a candle. It seems like the 20-something generation still likes those!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes, odd. Especially  when you're downsizing. Maybe not as much if you're 22 getting your first apartment.

Respected Contributor

@May5 

Perhaps it was just her way of letting you know she'd like to come over and see your new place.

Regular Contributor

@DottieB That is exactly what she wants. In the 15 years I have known her I have only seen her at my daughter's home for Easter and Christmas. I just found it to be rude of her to try and push herself on me. Thank you to everyone for your input.

Valued Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I don't think housewarming needs to be "bring me a gift," but more of a come celebrate with me in my new home.   It is a way for all your friends to see your new house. 

Exactly! - Perhaps she just wanted to see your "new" place and celebrate and share in your joy.

I don't think the question was weird or rude at all - but then again, I try to give people the benefit of doubt, unless I'm 100% sure they are being snarky or phony. Smiley Frustrated