Valued Contributor

There is no way that this makes Holly look bad.  It absolutely shows Heffner for what he was, a dirty old man, with lots of money that took advantage of these beautiful young girls.  As for Kendra, good for her making a bundle off of her time on that reality show.  I say more power to her.   I haven't  heard for a long time about her and Hank, but I think Hank is really a good guy and just got caught up in the things that go down in and around Hollywood.

I want to read this book just for the sake of reading it.  Holly is happily married now and since she didn't sign whatever release it was, can tell the truth about that dirty old man, Heff.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holly Madison...

[ Edited ]

All the kids will have to do is use Google. Images of their moms will be everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor
Here is an article that mentions Holly's relationship with Kendra:

http://www.people.com/article/holly-madison-kendra-wilkinson-new-memoir-down-rabbit-hole
Esteemed Contributor
If those children use Google, they'll also find positives. There will probably be plenty of supports around to explain things in a positive light. Without their fame, the moms wouldn't be able to provide their lifestyles, and these kids will figure that out. In the end, I think they'll be okay with it because it created a gravy train. An example: Madonna's kids don't appear to be scarred in any way.
Respected Contributor

Years ago, I remember reading excerpts from a book written by a former Hefner GF and Holly was shown to be a very manipulative woman who knew exactly what she wanted and went for it -  Hefner, a share of his fortune, and a high level job with Playboy.

She managed to work her way into the inner circle, push the other women out, and become #1 GF.   She "worked" her way up to being very involved in production of "Playboy" magazine.

She tried her hardest to get that man to marry her and have a child, all to seal her stake in his Playboy businesses and fortune.  She knew she couldn't totally depend on him putting her in his will, but she knew he'd never leave a child out.

I also remember reading about and seeing Hef on the TV show after Holly left him.  He was devastated when she left him.   He genuinely loved her. 

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

In the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep I watched many an episode of The Girls Nextdoor. Though I had absolutely no admiration for any of them, the show itself was always good natured, and there was no profanity that I could see on camera. The whole premise of an old geezer/past s  ex icon living with three young nubile  "girlfriends," was not meant to garner any great respect for any of them. Kendra was always a loose cannon, and still is, and occasionally the camera caught some instances of disharmony.  The only one of the three girls who was consistently nice was Bridget. The fact that Holly is now biting the hand that fed her doesn't surprise me at all. She's always been an opportunist when it comes to being in the limelight. I don't doubt that many of the things she is revealing about Hef are true. You don't get where he is in life by being a pushover or a "nice" guy.  Perhaps now that she is married and a mother, she feels the need to distance herself now completely from her past with a cathartic tell all and then move on.

Honored Contributor

She used him.  He used her. 

I have no use for either of them. 

I have to say though the fact that she tried to have a baby with him at one time and is now speaking badly about him tells me a lot about her. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Holly Madison...

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:
If those children use Google, they'll also find positives. There will probably be plenty of supports around to explain things in a positive light. Without their fame, the moms wouldn't be able to provide their lifestyles, and these kids will figure that out. In the end, I think they'll be okay with it because it created a gravy train. An example: Madonna's kids don't appear to be scarred in any way.

Hahaha! Who are you trying to kid?

Neither Holly nor Kim are what I would consider role models for young girls. It won't take much for them to discover that their moms became famous (and financed their lifestyles) by lying down and pretending to enjoy it.

There are more important things in life than money...like respect, for starters.

Respected Contributor
Sorry but I disagree about Hef taking advantage. Like him or not, he's always been open and upfront about who he is. They were young, but not kids and they all knew exactly what they were getting into. It's not like they were held captive. No different than tons of other rich older men wanting a young beautiful woman on their arm. From everything I've read and seen, they were treated very well. If you didn't like Hefs rules, you could leave. How many young women are looking for an older rich man to hit the lottery? Most from the Playboy mansion have used it to their advantage to have some kind of "career". No sympathy from me.
Esteemed Contributor
I'm not trying to kid anyone.

Both Kim and Holly have earned respect as business women. They've both moved on past their indiscretions. Sad there are some people in society who want to keep persecuting them.