Honored Contributor

How sad -- way too young.

Honored Contributor

So sad....too young to go....what a lovely smart, powerful,and talented  lady she was. She will be missed. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

She was a true professional and a real journalist. She knew that it was her responsibility to interview and report the news. She did not interject her personal feelings, bias, and opinions into her reporting. 

I saw many of her interviews but my favorite is one that she did with Smokey Robinson. It was the first time I heard him talk about his late-in-life drug abuse. Ms Ifill asked the tough questions even though she started off her introduction saying she was a fan. He quickly returned the compliment by saying he was a fan of hers. I was so impressed by that interview, I ordered it and showed it to many of my friends. Will watch it again in the next few days.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Respected Contributor

i'm so sorry to hear this.  i always liked her and she wil be missed.  rip

Honored Contributor

I saw this on fb,just a bit ago,had no idea she was sick,she is such a good news person.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

This is just really sad and sudden.  She will be missed very much.  She was respected and an honored journalist as we'll as a great human being!  I am really saddened to hear this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gwen Ifill of PBS Dies

[ Edited ]

I read that Gwen had been battling cancer for several months, and other reports where she had said she'd be coming back to PBS.

It is just so sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Seems as if laately there have been many well knowns leaving us, some very old, and others from the baby boomer era. Leon Russell died yesterday, I think. Gwen should not have died so young. She must have had a type of cancer that doens't have much of a cure rate. May her soul float free, no longer encumbered by disease.

Respected Contributor

So sad to hear this news.

Honored Contributor

I was so shocked to hear of this and truly saddened as Gwen was a class act and a great journalist.  RIP Gwen Ifill, you will be missed.