Respected Contributor

Re: Guess how old Candy Crowley is of CNN?

Was this started to be a women bashing women thread?

Respected Contributor

I agree, Free.

Had the question not been asked

Guess how old Candy Crowley is?

her age would not have entered my stratosphere.

It turns out she is exactly my age so guessing was easy, by comparison.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/6/2014 esmeraldagooch said:

NO, I also mentioned John King. And I thought Candy looked good for her age. It is not a bashing thread although some have negative opinions of her to which they are entitled.

Respected Contributor

On 11/6/2014 esmeraldagooch said:

No apparently it is a political thread based on whether or not this woman looks her age.

I think she looks at least her age if not older. So I must be saying this because of whatever political leaning I have. Not because I am referencing women in my family who are her age if not older. It has to be because I hate her and the network she is on....

Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Caravaggio said:
On 11/6/2014 wookie said:

Yes just because I think she looks older I must have an ulterior motive because since my opinion differs from yours and yours must be correct because it is your opinion that has got to be it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I said nothing about her intelligence or experience I just said she looks at least her age if not more.

Did anyone say you weren't entitled to your opinion? You are, and I would hope you extend me the same courtesy as to mine.

Some of the negative responses here are based on something other than objectivity. If you know what I mean.

Yes I will extend the same courtesy as you did by calling out those who differ in opinion from you. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Listen you got called on your assumption not on your right to give an opinion. Nobody said you do not have the right to your opinion, but making false accusations because someone differs in opinion is not courteous either.

Do you think I don't remember the horrible things said about her here in 2012? Don't lecture me.

Um again there ya go basing this on politics not on fact. The FACT is I never said anything about her.

You just want to make this political and it is not but good try. If you think this is a lecture, then maybe you need to step away from here. This is not a lecture it is my opinion. You seem to be revving up for some bias political rant and fight and I am not going to be your target. If you actually have something to base this on then bring it. Here-say about 2012 is not going to stick. I could come up with stuff as well.

The point being you expect everyone to agree with you and when they don't it must be politically motivated. That is just ridiculous.

That's where you're wrong. I never post something with the expectation I will be agreed with. I also don't straddle fences just to go along to get along. You don't either. I admire that about you.

Trusted Contributor

Political thread?

I am about to turn 64 in 2 weeks. To my eyes, CC looks older than her chronological age.

Respected Contributor

Yes just because I think she looks older I must have an ulterior motive because since my opinion differs from yours and yours must be correct because it is your opinion that has got to be it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I said nothing about her intelligence or experience I just said she looks at least her age if not more.

Did anyone say you weren't entitled to your opinion? You are, and I would hope you extend me the same courtesy as to mine.

Some of the negative responses here are based on something other than objectivity. If you know what I mean.

Yes I will extend the same courtesy as you did by calling out those who differ in opinion from you. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Listen you got called on your assumption not on your right to give an opinion. Nobody said you do not have the right to your opinion, but making false accusations because someone differs in opinion is not courteous either.

Do you think I don't remember the horrible things said about her here in 2012? Don't lecture me.

Um again there ya go basing this on politics not on fact. The FACT is I never said anything about her.

You just want to make this political and it is not but good try. If you think this is a lecture, then maybe you need to step away from here. This is not a lecture it is my opinion. You seem to be revving up for some bias political rant and fight and I am not going to be your target. If you actually have something to base this on then bring it. Here-say about 2012 is not going to stick. I could come up with stuff as well.

The point being you expect everyone to agree with you and when they don't it must be politically motivated. That is just ridiculous.

That's where you're wrong. I never post something with the expectation I will be agreed with. I also don't straddle fences just to go along to get along. You don't either. I admire that about you.

Well thank you Wookie and I agree with your post. I should not of assumed you were talking about my post off the bet. No need for us to be debating this difference of opinion. I probably should of stated that I was thinking of women in my family and who I know in RL and that is what I based my opinion on. I apologize if I offended you in any way. It was not my intention or to offend Candy either. I think she is a good journalist.

Valued Contributor

Cara, I don't want to use the quote feature again, as it got too long. Thank you for your kind reply. That's what I like about you. You don't fit into any one box. Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

Cara, I don't want to use the quote feature again, as it got too long. Thank you for your kind reply. That's what I like about you. You don't fit into any one box. Thanks again.

You are very welcome wookie and thank you for your kind words they mean a lot. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

I would have guessed around 60 simply because of her nice hair.