Honored Contributor

Re: Guess how old Candy Crowley is of CNN?

On 11/5/2014 Snowpuppy said:

Yes, ladies it's true!

CNN gave an overweight middle aged woman the job of bureau chief, a BIG paycheck and put her on television regularly.

The 1950's called. They want their stereotypes back. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You saying they gave her the job because of how she looks? I'm a little bit confused.

Trusted Contributor

When a thread title asks the age of a woman, I'm never sure whether it's a compliment or a dig.

Respected Contributor

I think she looks closer to 70 no way does she look like she is in her 50's.

Super Contributor

I thought she was 59 or 60. She looks good for her age. She's a smart cookie and I like her show.

Super Contributor

I always thought she was around my age and she is. Isn't it nice that she doesn't feel like she has to look Younger? She is a confident, intelligent, successful woman comfortable in her own skin. That should work for any age. I have always liked and admired her.

Honored Contributor

I have always liked Candy Crowley and I never thought twice about how old she is. She's non-confrontational, you would never see her in a screaming match with anyone, she is intelligent and has a great voice. CNN employs quite a few older women, which is very impressive. They have their young, pretty ones also . . . I would say their on-air anchors and female reporters actually outnumber the men.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Definitely looks her age.

Respected Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Ford1224 said:

I have always liked Candy Crowley and I never thought twice about how old she is. She's non-confrontational, you would never see her in a screaming match with anyone, she is intelligent and has a great voice. CNN employs quite a few older women, which is very impressive. They have their young, pretty ones also . . . I would say their on-air anchors and female reporters actually outnumber the men.

ITA Ford. Also, there are lots of women of every age in the business. Judy Woodruff is my favorite female anchor. She's 67. Gwen Ifill is 59. Lesley Stahl is 72. Among many others. What about the men? Tom Brokaw is 74 and he's still around. Charlie Rose is 72. Interesting how age is a focus.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

Some of the negative responses here are based on something other than objectivity. If you know what I mean. I don't care how young or old she is. Age is just a number.

Respected Contributor

Yes just because I think she looks older I must have an ulterior motive because since my opinion differs from yours and yours must be correct because it is your opinion that has got to be it.

I said nothing about her intelligence or experience I just said she looks at least her age if not more.