Esteemed Contributor

Ground beef sold at Walmart recalled over E. coli concerns

The Department of Agriculture on Wednesday issued a "High-Class 1" alert warning that more than 16,000 pounds of beef shipped to the retail giant nationwide is being recalled over concerns that it could be contaminated with E. coli.

The meat was processed by Cargill Meat Solutions, which issued the recall, and is in several products that were produced on April 26-27. The USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is concerned some of the packages may be in consumers' refrigerators or freezers.

The recall alert lists the products that have been recalled, along with their labels. Any consumers who discover they have the products should throw the items away or return them to their place of purchase.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ground beef sold at Walmart recalled over E. coli concerns

@elated Thanks for the warning, don't think I have ever bought meat there.

Honored Contributor

Glad we restocked before the issue Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@elated,

Thank you.-Scary!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I have never bought meat at Walmart. There is also a big recall from Trader Joe's. It seems both of these places have some sort of food recall every week.

Respected Contributor

I don't shop Walmart but have heard that their meats, while processed in USA, don't come from here. I've done searches and can't find out any information so, without actually reading the labels, not sure if there's any way to tell. Anyone know?

Regular Contributor

WHO on earth would buy meat fom Walmart?????

Esteemed Contributor

@PABoater wrote:

WHO on earth would buy meat fom Walmart?????

I do.  Find it to be just as good as any other place and cost less.  I don't  judge you, why do you feel the need to judge others in a negative way?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Happened to be at WM this morning and the shelves of ground beef were chock full. Maybe it was select stores? And, I'm guessing shelves are full because it is now tourist season and a major bike week starts shortly.

Honored Contributor

@elated?  I hope it's okay to ask but did you post as Mindy previously?